Why do some married women seek the attention of other men?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I don't think their husbands appreciate it.

Even if she doesn't cheat, it definitely opens the door to the possibility of it happening.

It might also make her value her own husband less simply because she's thinking about all the guys she could've been with if she were still single.

Thoughts?

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Why do some married men do exactly the same thing?

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I wasn't suggesting that some married men don't do it, but for this thread, I am asking why some married women do it.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Why only concentrate solely on women? Is there a reason?

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes because I'm a guy and sometimes married women flirt with me. So I'm not interested in focusing on why men do it. There's actually hoards of literature on google I found after posting this thread. Plenty of info.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, there are desperate women out there.
    if you are in CA, those might not be natural women.
    some women also like to troll guy who seem to need a woman.
    plenty of reasons why a woman might flirt.

7. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm not married but I'm thinking that when I do, I definitely wouldn't want to marry a woman who flirts with other men.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This goes both ways. Case in point: Ashley Madison.

Perhaps if some people don't objectify women and treat them as trophies, or if some people don't try to idolize or emulate those that objectify women and treat them as trophies because they believe they only want money, then perhaps they wouldn't be tempted to stray away.

Food for thought the next time you think that money and trophy wives are your version of Utopia.

BL.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

be careful who you marry. respect goes BOTH ways.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Since I'm not a woman, I guess I can't help you out. Anything that I add would be pure speculation.

Hopefully some women will join the tread and impart some of their insights.

But since I can't add to the discussion, I'm out.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Such behaviour shows a fundamental disrespect for a man's natural property rights.

12. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Personal attacks are unnecessary and unappreciated.

For everyone else, I was reading online from Google, and It's important to remember that some women are just the type to constantly seek attention from other guys even when married. Why? Because it's who they are. They get a thrill out of it.

There's nothing wrong with their husband. It's just the way the girl is.

13. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I think one can definitely be careful. I can pretty much tell the kind of girl who likes attention.

Go to the mall...you'll see them.

14. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

No need for sarcasm. No one has suggested that a married woman is her mans property.

Every man is different. But when I get married I wouldn't want my wife flirting with other men. Just as I wouldn't flirt with other women.

Some men might not mind it. It varies.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

try a different venue .

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not a personal attack at all. Unless you are admitting that you objectify women and treat them as trophies. If that's the case, you have your answer as to why they seek the attention of other men.

But let's look further into those who objectify women: Donald Trump. Someone who objectifies women. Look at his failed marriages.

You don't seem to get or understand the fact that women are more tuned to their emotions than most men. If men are out to objectify them, while the women are looking for love, they are going to stray, because they are not getting out of the relationship what they have put into it.

Now, keep in mind the fact that you have at least 2 happily married men ( @jkcerda and myself) participating in this thread. If you want to know why women seek the attention of other men, you should ask those married men what they are doing RIGHT that are keeping their women and marriages solid and stable.

So now you would have examples of men who are doing things right, and men who are doing things wrong.

BL.

17. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

That's the bottom line. I know plenty of pretty women who aren't attention seekers. You won't find them as easily but they're out there.

18. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I disagree.

She shouldn't be flirting with other guys.

If it's her man that's the problem, divorce him.

But for God sake as long as you're married, have enough decency not to flirt.

Putting the blame on the husband is unfair.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If the man is the problem, try to work out what the problem is before it gets to divorce. She had to have loved him and he loved her at some point in the relationship. If they can't work things out, then they divorce. But something has to be the catalyst for the indiscretion.

Good example: husband finds woman, and gets married. Husband has a tendency to be an angry drunk, and gets abusive with her whenever he drinks. As a consequence, she ends up seeking attention from another man.

In your world, she is the problem, yet he was the one that was getting drunk, and hitting her. At that point, HE IS THE PROBLEM, not her.

So let me guess; as long as they're married, she shouldn't flirt or just stay at home and put up with the abuse. Very twisted morals you have there.

BL.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

Maybe the husband likes it...

Putting the blame on the husband is not always unfair, depending on the husband. I have some friends with some pretty awful husbands, but due to circumstances, getting divorced is not always the right option. Unfortunately, in order to get the attention they seek (we're not talking trophy or gold-digger style), they may search out other guys.

21. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

This doesn't make sense. How do you know the husband is abusive?

You don't.

22. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah it depends on the husband but she should just leave if she's going to flirt.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you need to have a long talk with your future spouse should you ever get married, marriage is going the way of the doo doo bird.

24. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

The risk is marrying a girl who you think is loyal or acts like it then later flirts with other guys or of course cheats but at least if she cheats it's over. The flirting thing is "harmless" yet at the same time unacceptable.

25. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You are implying that a man controls his spouse, so apparently the woman's behavior has to reflect that controlled relationship at all times.
    I personally don't accept that point-of-view.
    You don't own your girl friend, or your wife.
    A relationship is based on love, and trust.
    Your interpretation of some random lady's behavior around other men may be totally circumstantial.
    If you think that every action that a friendly woman takes toward a man can be considered flirting, then you have a long ways to go to get to anything remotely like trust.

I can't look inside a woman's head, so I have no idea why women will not flirt with you. Maybe you will find a way to fix that soon. :D
    Flirting really is a two way street. Maybe you need to look within yourself to see why you respond in the way that you do. Could be the lady is not at fault, either. A flirter needs a flirtee, eh?.