Why does Apple always lock down the calendar so bad?

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
They've always done this, am I the only one annoyed? If I want to look at a calendar month other than the current one, I have to click the lock to make changes, unlock it, and then even still I have to uncheck the box to set the date and time automatically, just so I can look at last month on the calendar? Then recheck the automatic date and time box once I'm done. This is ridiculous?

I can't be the only one irritated year in year out by this?

/rant

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Are you talking about iCal? I've never had to deal with anything you describe. In fact, just before I looked at this post, I added an event to my calendar and was reviewing future events in January. I have 1 Apple calendar and several Google calendars, some even shared, and they all work just fine for me without having to use the security lock.

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
They've always done this, am I the only one annoyed? If I want to look at a calendar month other than the current one, I have to click the lock to make changes, unlock it, and then even still I have to uncheck the box to set the date and time automatically, just so I can look at last month on the calendar? Then recheck the automatic date and time box once I'm done. This is ridiculous?

I can't be the only one irritated year in year out by this?

/rant
Apple doesn't expect you to use the calendar in System Preferences > Date and Time. There is an entire application called Calendar that comes preinstalled in the Applications folder of every Mac, and the Month view allows scrolling to see other months, Year view shows all the months in a year and allows scrolling to see other years.