Why does everyone hate on Fox News Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Aug 30, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Does ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE think this is the first time somone wealthy used the police to do their dirty work?

Do the police work for you, the people, or the wealthy?

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Since poor folks don't pay taxes, it would imply that the police work for the rich. Right?

:rolleyes::D

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well if your wife is messing around on you, you'd probably like to be sure about it whether or not he's cop or not.

What's the big deal here?

4. bassfingers macrumors 6502

bassfingers

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

looks like a Gawker story ... not a Fox News story.

but seriously ... who cares?

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

That public dollars are being used to finance a "Do Not Touch" my ex-wife campaign...

7. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

This is a job for a private detective, not a public police force.

8. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Because it's not a cop's job to spy on your wife if you think she's having an affair, and it's not Internal Affairs job to be investigating cops who happen to be having affairs with married women.

That's the big deal. And before you ask, yes, I'd say the same damn thing if Keith Olbermann was using the police as his own private investigation firm.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well the article didn't say that O'Reilly twisted the inspector's arm to do this, and it seems like O'Reilly already has a private investigator. Besides who is to say why internal affairs shouldn't investigate a cop having an affair with a married woman who happens to be married to a high profile news pundit. "Serve and Protect" takes on a whole other meaning then.

I wouldn't ask you that because I don't assume that you're a knuckle dragging partisan hack. Besides, Olbermann's wife, Rachel Maddow, would never cheat on him. They're in a loving relationship. :) :D

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Democratic and civil institutions mean little when they can be easily put to task because of someone's fame or checkbook.

Exactly.

11. Love macrumors 68000

Love

"What can anybody with common sense say about this kind of trash? It's ignorant, it's inappropriate, it's insulting."

-Strategist for Conservative Party of Canada (Canada's major right-wing party, currently in power), on the statements of a Fox host regarding Canada's role in Afghanistan

There are far, far too many incidents like this. Incidents where hosts and reporters say completely inappropriate things - this was an incident of a reporter putting down Canada's military for scaling back our role in Afghanistan. The quote above is a fantastic descriptor of Fox News.

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The Republican way, or the highway. ;)