why does it seem like a bunch of 14yr old idtiots review all the apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by otis123, Aug 25, 2008.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

i was looking at apps today, and i was just looking at frogger, and look at the reviews and i saw "$10 HA! why dont you just rape me?" and it had 1 star. most these people haven't even played the game let alone have a iphone or ipod touch (ps if you call it a itouch you are retarded) apple should only let people who have purchased and downloaded the app review it.

2. DaveOZ macrumors regular

GLOL, noticed this too. I assumed they were the bulk of the iPhone app market.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They are the only ones with the time to do it.

I agree, since the App store is the only way to get the app, they should only allow reviews from those who have purchased the app.

TEG

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I agree. Looks like you have 2 options:
    Rate the review as not helpful
    Report it as a concern

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I avoid reading reviews. They just annoy me. And iTouch also annoys me ;). A lot.

6. AriX macrumors 6502

AriX

Excuse you. I'm a 14 year old and I'm offended that you associate "14yr" with "idtiot". Plus, to be honest, you can't really call people retarded for saying "itouch" when you yourself say "iphone" and "ipod touch".

</smallrant>

7. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes i can because there is no such thing as a itouch, and most people i know that are from 13-18 are idiots.

8. mattjb macrumors member

It is pretty terrible, but that's one of the many problems iTunes has in regards to the App Store. It's just ill-equipped to do a good job. Apple seriously needs to make it so only those who bought it can review the app, but since they haven't up to this point, it's likely because they can't. Probably because they'd have to overhaul the entire way iTunes and the iTMS works.

Just like with YouTube, read the comments at your own peril. :(

9. gillybean macrumors 6502a

10. nick9191 macrumors 68040

And most people I know aged 18+ are idiots. What does that prove? In fact some of the smartest, sensible, funny people I know are under 18.

Although I agree with you on the games bit. The game is like a sixth of the cost of a game for the DS or PSP, and probably more fun.

11. AriX macrumors 6502

AriX

Sounds like you didn't get what I was saying. It's iPhone, and iPod touch. Not iphone and ipod touch. If you care so much about people saying iTouch, simply a shortened version of the name of the product that MANY people recognize, why don't you care about how the words are supposed to be written? :apple:

12. rmwebs macrumors 68040

<I'm not in the 13-18 age group>

Your pretty narrow minded. Scrap that, your probably the most narrow minded person on this forum.

Get a life or post something worth the database space, dont post stupid remarks set out only to piss people off.

13. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok will you take "you sound dumb and and you have no idea what the product you bought is called"

14. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ok, now that this thread has exploded I might as well insert my little rant.

How old are you? You can barely type and don't use the shift key. You must be pretty immature for your age. Unless you are in 13-18 category. Which, according to your logic, would label you an idiot.

I could easily call you an "idtiot" from what I've read in this thread.

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

both of u make the whole 12 - XXX era look like idiots

16. RubberChicken macrumors regular

RubberChicken

I agree 100%. If you can review without buying the process is useless. I don't really care how old these type of reviewers are, they are either mentally challenged or utterly convinced they are being incredibly amusing... which brings us back to the former. Certainly makes credible, coherent external reviews even more valuable.

17. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I don't mind them rating low because of the price as long as they explain why it's only one star for the price.

Tetris was rated low because of the price. But take a step back and look at the quality...Tris should be $1.99 - FREE...but taking a look at Electronic Art's version? I doubt any of those reviewers would be able to program past the loading screen...if at all.

18. AriX macrumors 6502

AriX

This argument is getting really old, and honestly I don't really care about it at this point, but I'll continue it just for kicks :p

Argument continues:

No, I won't take that, because most people know it's called iPod touch and not iTouch. They only say the latter because iPod touch can be a mouthful. It's just easier to say. I don't say iTouch myself, I just think it's stupid to get mad at people for doing so.

19. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Now I would just like to note that I love my itouch.

Oh and I remember trying the word itouch on my iPhone before and could have sworn it has auto capitalized it but it's not doing it anymore for me now.

20. JL7 macrumors member

21. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

You must be 19 years old and know almost nobody who is 13-18...

Anyway, on the original topic...

I've had 1 star reviews on my app that say stuff like "Why would I buy this?" or something like "What advantages does this have over x app?"

That can severely hurt a rating when you only have a handful of ratings... Some of them do get removed when I flag them but some stay. One person left a review who I am SURE is one of my competitors. Luckily, people are paying less and less attention to reviews for this reason.

22. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Well wait till you're middle aged and you will think the same way. At that age most everyone thinks they have the world by the a$$ and knows it all. ;)

23. shoelessone macrumors 6502

haha, to be honest I wouldn't mind that review, but one review taht I did think was rather stupid went as follows:

"I haven't bought this app, but based on the other reviews it seems bad - I think I'll hold off" - and they gave it three stars.

24. Bill P. macrumors regular

Parody

LOL, this thread could only have evolved into a parody of itself....and it has.

25. Doju macrumors 68000

Judging by your spelling inabilities and the fact you spelled "idiot" wrong, I would have to guess that you're not much older than fourteen yourself. :)

But yes, the application reviews are lacking.