Why does iTunes remembers where a left (skipped) a song in one particular playlist?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtheelen, Sep 21, 2009.

1. jtheelen macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a playlist where iTunes remembers where I left or skipped a song previously. Even if I play this (play)list from head till toe, so to speak, iTunes happily starts songs in the middle or near the end. Kind of enoying. I have this behavior in only one of several playlists. Is there a way to reset this behavior? I can't seem to find anything in the playlist's or songs' properties.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It probably has to do with how you have the playlist sorted.

3. jtheelen thread starter macrumors newbie

You could be right because this is the only playlist where the songs are put in one particular order. If I remember well, I explicitly gave the songs a sequence. I have never done this in any other playlist. Thanks, I'll try to reset the 'order' and see if it works. Anyway, if that is the reason, it does seem kinda strange behavior, though.

4. jtheelen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, the solution seems pretty simple: songs have this option "Remember playback" or "Remember playback position" and that was activated for all the songs in my playlist. Deactivating this option solved my issue. I must have checked that option once because I wanted to the position of the songs in the playlist to be remembered by iTunes. In stead, it remembered the position of the playback within each song individually. My mistake.