Why does my Iphone 4s get such terrible battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I have tried turning off location services, and close my apps most of the time. I have the Verizon 16 gb 4s. My girlfriend has the Iphone 4, and gets a lot better battery life than I do. Does anyone have any ideas? I am updated to the latest version of IOS and so is she.

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Try running it down till the phone shuts off. And then again. And again. I tried three times, and I get 8 hours of normal usage (no games or videos) on HSPA+.

4. cynics macrumors G3

In settings general usage how much time do you get before it gets low?

It's hard to compare to an iPhone someone else uses because usage times vary.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Define 'terrible battery life' and how you generally use it (typical apps and so on).

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I usually don't even let it get to the low battery point, before I charge it if that makes any difference? I'm not sure if I've ever actually let it go dead before.

7. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Definitely try calibrating it then. Could pay off huge

8. Beelzbub macrumors regular

I get good battery life on my 4S. I am at 2% battery life right now, probably soon to be 1% any minute, but my phone has been off the charger since 7am yesterday morning (Tuesday) and its almost 5pm (Wednesday). I have texted, played words with friends, instant messaged, emailed, and talked on the phone and used a few other apps and used the hotspot a few times for my iPad within the past two days.

Now for me, I notice when I leave WiFi on battery life seems to be worse, but that's something I have noticed for me. Others may be different.

I leave WiFi off when not needed, only turn it on for hotspot, and I leave bluetooth off and leave auto brightness off and set my brightness about half way.

I get two days easily with doing all the things I mentioned above.

Attached Files:

9. aneftp macrumors 68040

On the weekend. Do a device swap.

Take ur girlfriend iPhone 4. And have her take your iPhone 4s for a day.

See how much battery is drained by each user