Why does my itunes only keep the latest iphone backup????

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
i ve been told that people are able to select which backup they want to restore their phone 5s to but when i try to restore from a back up i am only given one option which is the most recent back up

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
i ve been told that people are able to select which backup they want to restore their phone 5s to but when i try to restore from a back up i am only given one option which is the most recent back up
You can probably pluck previous backups from your Time Machine backups.

I don't depend on that myself, though; before a major change I always rename my backup to keep an archive of it. They're usually not that big.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Did you right-click on the drop arrow next to the device name when you're plugged into iTunes? Choose Restore from backup and you should be shown a list of several different dates.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Did you right-click on the drop arrow next to the device name when you're plugged into iTunes? Choose Restore from backup and you should be shown a list of several different dates.

yes i right clicked on the drop down arrow and it gave me a pop up screen that said "choose a backup to restore" when i try to go on the dropdown menu it only gives me one choice of "admin's phone" and underneath the dropdown menu it says "last backed up: today 5:10pm"

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I just opened iTunes to see if saving multiple backups was a Setting and I can't find a reason why you don't have more than one saved.

Do you have Admin privs on the computer you're using? Have you named your iPhone? All of my messages during any iTunes activity use my device's name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.