Why does my itunes only keep the latest iphone backup????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Oct 3, 2012.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i ve been told that people are able to select which backup they want to restore their phone 5s to but when i try to restore from a back up i am only given one option which is the most recent back up

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

You can probably pluck previous backups from your Time Machine backups.

I don't depend on that myself, though; before a major change I always rename my backup to keep an archive of it. They're usually not that big.

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Did you right-click on the drop arrow next to the device name when you're plugged into iTunes? Choose Restore from backup and you should be shown a list of several different dates.

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i right clicked on the drop down arrow and it gave me a pop up screen that said "choose a backup to restore" when i try to go on the dropdown menu it only gives me one choice of "admin's phone" and underneath the dropdown menu it says "last backed up: today 5:10pm"

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I just opened iTunes to see if saving multiple backups was a Setting and I can't find a reason why you don't have more than one saved.

Do you have Admin privs on the computer you're using? Have you named your iPhone? All of my messages during any iTunes activity use my device's name.