Why does the SS Apple Watch with sport band only come with one band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BillabongJoe, Apr 14, 2015.

1. BillabongJoe macrumors member

BillabongJoe

So everyone knows that the sport watch comes with two bands, and if you by a sport band on its own it comes with two. But the Stainless Steel Apple watch with sport band only comes with one according to the "whats in the box" which doesn't make any sense to me.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is different wording made by two different teams that Apple is yet to rectify. Both come with 3 band pieces. One team interpreted this as 1 band and the other as 2 bands.

It will be the SAME 3 pieces in with both :apple:Watches.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's just an error.

If you check the sizing guide it states it comes with the same S/M and M/L options as the Sport watch.

4. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

I have a feeling this is a typo on Apple's part.

I have pre-ordered the 42mm Stainless Steel with white Sport Band. If I look at the sizing guide for straps, the S/M and M/L sport bands cover sizes from 140mm - 210mm. The Apple Watch we are discussing also quotes a fitting size of 140mm - 210mm. So either Apple has made a typo and indeed this model has the 3 part band to change out the S/M and M/L parts, or this singe strap can fit more sizes than regular sport bands.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The confusion is over, Apple have now confirmed it includes three pieces to make the two band sizes.

Screenshot 2015-04-16 08.45.55.png