Why does the Weather glance and London time lapse face show the sun at night?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by myrtlebee, Dec 13, 2015.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Can someone explain to me why the Weather glance constantly shows the sun icon at night? Same deal with the London time lapse watch face showing the sunset for hours until midnight when it switches to dark. If these are glitches why weren't they fixed with the last Watch OS update?

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I believe it's the delay between the watch getting updates from the phone. Looks like it had no synched. I just played with my time lapse, and took about 5 min for it to update the sunset and sunrise times.

Any smart developer would have set 'cloudy' as a default for London while updates were not available :)

3. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Don't think you understand what I'm saying. I am talking about two separate issues:

1) The weather glance for my location (not London, but Baltimore) is always showing the sun icon at night when it is supposed to be showing the moon. Has nothing to do with a delay since it happens whenever I look at it during all hours of the night.

2) The Apple Watch time lapse watch face for London shows the same time lapse video every day, however something is wrong because it shows the same imagery from sunset until 12 am. It shows the sun setting all the way up until 12 am when it should show it as being dark with the night sky much earlier (9pm at the latest)

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Because the sun never sets on the British Empire?