Why doesn't apple follow this iPhone release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, May 9, 2012.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

When apple releases a all new iPhone meaning a whole new re design why don't they follow the June cycle with a release, and when they release a new phone with just hard ware upgrades follow the October release. I just thought it would make more since for apple since they have a lot of people with iPhone 4's that have had an upgrade for awhile or are just about to get a upgrade.

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

no surprise, no extra publicity = less money in the bank

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

1. Apple Knows what they are doing.
    2. Just because you want a new phone doesn't make now the right time for you or apple.
    3. Need to spread the mac and iOS launches out to minimize load.

Just take a little read on the forums next time.

4. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

It's not that I need a new phone I have the 4s so thanks, forums are showing your thoughts. I do read the forums just expressing my opinion.

5. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

I wish that would be the cycle but I'm alright with my 4 for now. I'm sure by the end of summer I'll really want the new iPhone though!

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'm guessing they want to keep major launches (ie iPad and iPhone) apart (about 6 months in this case) to keep revenue growth consistent. It's also probably beneficial to launch the iPhone before the holidays to guarantee huge sales.

7. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

expressing you opinion is fine, but when you start to question, people will start to criticise you - there is a reason for everything.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Yea what are they doing ???? There stock will never get to $1000 a share like that :rolleyes: