Why doesn't Apple put quick settings in the search page?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Sep 25, 2012.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Why doesn't Apple implement something like this:

[​IMG]

It could be in the page that you get to when you swipe to the page left of the homescreen where you search for things on your iphone. That page is blank anyways, and they can have both search and the settings there.

The Droid Razr Maxx HD is implementing this. Can someone forward this to a jailbreak developer.

2. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I noticed this as well now that the iPhone 5 has so much blank space it would be the perfect spot! Hopefully some day!

3. petethepanda macrumors member

It baffles me why Apple doesn't do simple things like this. Main reason I jailbreak is for things like NCSettings (for toggles in notification center), BiteSMS (for text functionality from the lock screen and "on top of" other running apps), etc.

4. kalex macrumors 65816

reason they do it is because they don't want to "burden" their user base with these. It will make iphone more complicated. Apple wants you to leave everything on and thats it. Regular iphone user will get lost and not like its "simplicity" anymore. Since power users are a very small base of apple users you will have to suffer :)

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

yes we all know how iphone users can get confused with on / off switches.

they are a kind of simple bunch.

I can hear all of the calls to apple care right now....

" help, I am so confused, there is a thing and it has two choices, what should I do??"