Why doesn't iCloud sync bookmarks from iPhone to Mac Safari??

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I use my iPhone and iPad a bunch for browsing and I have a lot of bookmarks saved on these devices. Each time I save a bookmark on one device, iCloud does its magic and saves the bookmark on the other device too. So why the hell doesn't my Mac get these bookmarks too? How do I get them from iOS to Mac?

Thanks !

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I use my iPhone and iPad a bunch for browsing and I have a lot of bookmarks saved on these devices. Each time I save a bookmark on one device, iCloud does its magic and saves the bookmark on the other device too. So why the hell doesn't my Mac get these bookmarks too? How do I get them from iOS to Mac?

Thanks !
Does on my Mac. Have you gone into the iCloud settings in preferences on your Mac to make sure its all syncing?

http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/mac.html

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/
iCloud requires iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2; a Mac computer with OS X Lion; or a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Outlook 2007 or 2010 or an up-to-date browser is required for accessing email, contacts, and calendars). Some features require a Wi-Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.

Comment

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I have lion and the appropriate settings turned on, and I still have problems with this. Roughly 50% of my safari bookmarks will carry over to my phone/iPad. As far as I can tell it is totally random.

Comment

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Sorry I didn't reply before, I was away for a little while.

Anyway yes I have Lion and I have made sure that bookmarks were activated in the iCloud settings. I just followed that troubleshoot guide and the only thing it gives me to try is disabling bookmarks, waiting a little while and then enabling it again (I just deactivated it and am gonna try re-enabling it in a minute).

Edit: And there it is, works like a charm after reactivating it :D Thanks!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.