Why doesn't my Apple TV have all of the possible screensavers?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ra4oasis, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Got an Apple TV 4 for Christmas, and I love it. If only Amazon would add Prime Video to the tvOS store... wait thats a different issue.

The screensavers that are built in are stunning, beautiful, mesmerizing, whatever you want to call them. I was curious to see how many there were, and found this page:

http://benjaminmayo.co.uk/watch-all-the-apple-tv-aerial-video-screensavers

I've had the Apple TV for almost a month now, and i have it set to get a new screensaver as often as possible, but it still doesn't have all of these. What gives?

2. mawool01 macrumors member

mawool01

I looked at that link as well. Ive had my ATV4 since it came out. I have only seen 3-4 of those screensavers.

3. mic j macrumors 68030

Same boat, had aTV4 since release. Have the same 4 to 5 screensavers playing all the time. Interestingly, I just set up my daughters new aTV4 (in a different state) and she has a different set. I would love to see this solved so we can get a truly random screensaver for the aTV.

4. Coffee50 macrumors 6502

There's so many screensaver I haven't seen!

I'm going to try & set my preference to "daily download" to see if I get any of these.

5. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I've set it to daily download for months now. I haven't seen at least 50% of those screensavers.