Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhinged

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
The iPad's bigger than the iPhone, so why doesn't it have a bigger camera lens and aperture?

Considering photos you look at on an iPad will be larger and show more detail and clarity, why wouldn't Apple decide to just put a bigger camera on it that takes in more light and can take better pictures?

[Aside]: Why do I have to select a Prefix? They're useless or redundant (and not even marked as required). Irritating.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
Because iPads will never have a better camera than iPhones (They are probably 2 generations behind)

Dunkrag

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Because you look like a complete tool taking pictures with an iPad - no idea why it has one to be honest.. (apart from front facing for Vid calling.. )

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Because you look like a complete tool taking pictures with an iPad - no idea why it has one to be honest.. (apart from front facing for Vid calling.. )

Its great for document scanning. I use it a lot for this and for quick snaps at home with the kids i wouldn't go out shooting pictures with it though.

Lukewarmwinner

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012

There's a lot of tourists here using it for photos.. If they just knew how much we laugh at them.. And taking pictures of them... With our iPads..

Kidding aside; no one should use it outside for photography. The size doesn't justify the picture quality and vice versa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.