Why Don’t Message Auto-Delete On The Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KooL BeAnZ, Jun 9, 2018.

1. KooL BeAnZ macrumors regular

I wanted to ask why the messages don’t delete off the Watch once you have deleted them off the phone?

Having to manually swipe across each message and the pressing delete and then pressing trash just to get rid of one message at a time is a real pain!

Or am I missing something here ???

2. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

I’d love to know why Messages in the Cloud doesn’t apply to Apple Watch. Agree, it’s a pain to delete messages on the watch.

3. Krayzkat Suspended

It's unapologetically designed to p*ss you off

4. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Why do you delete messages on the watch?

Just curious, I've never bothered.

If you leave them, it caches about 10 or so and the rest aren't shown unless you scroll (in each sender, that is.)

5. KooL BeAnZ thread starter macrumors regular

I don’t want to keep every single text message I’ve ever received now do I :/

And is there any way to delete multiple messages at once?

6. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Ok. It just looks to me like they get removed from the watch automatically. But more power to you if you like to clean up yourself. :)

7. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

I guess it will come with WatchOS 5. It is said on Apple website that "You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac."
    But if so, owners of Series 0 will be screwed. They could have least made it so the messages were syncing with the iPhone the Watch is paired with...

8. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I wish they got removed when I delete them from my phone but nope. And the bad thing about it is I though emails worked the same way and deleted a bunch on my watch and to my surprise they are gone off of my phone also.