Why dont I see Threads of People compalining Yellow Tints on their iPhone 6 ??

augustya

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Whoa Guys !! is this the first time that has happened ?? this is Unprecedented ! New Apple Product launch and like the ritual, and much customary I see no threads, post of people complaining of the Yellow/Blue/Red/Indigo/Rainbow colour tints on their iPhone 6 ?? Has Apple Got it right this time ! I am impressed either this is a new breed of people or Apple has changed :p

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
Whoa Guys !! is this the first time that has happened ?? this is Unprecedented ! New Apple Product launch and like the ritual, and much customary I see no threads, post of people complaining of the Yellow/Blue/Red/Indigo/Rainbow colour tints on their iPhone 6 ?? Has Apple Got it right this time ! I am impressed either this is a new breed of people or Apple has changed :p
You gotta search before posting. There's been a couple threads including a ten page one

saberz

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2012
I think most casual people don't care and / or don't realize there is an issue.

Those that look at every detail on the purchase are the minority. Most average users will buy the phone and be done.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Maybe because its been less of a problem? I have seen some threads, but other issues have taken the spotlight.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I think the ones who complain about the yellow screen are the ones who have more than one ios device in the family. They tend to compare screens and that's when they see the issue.

Godmode

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
It exists. My 6 (now returned) was yellow. My 6 plus is white. One of my friends hasa yellow 6 even worse than my old one, he didnt realise until we placed my 6+ next to it. Most people dont realise. With both in hand, i have NO doubt in my mind it is a calibration issue. Photos look horrible compared to the balanced screen. (In before 'im a screen expert theyre meant to be 'warmer'... No... Just no)

Attachments

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
That is because all the 4.7" owners are in the 6+ bent threads hating. They haven't had time to complain about their own phone's issues (which by the way bends as well and more easily based on CR test).

As for the whole bending thing...iP6+ owner here for going on three weeks now, no issues. If you don't like the phone, don't by it. If you don't like the ecosystem go to a new one. Other alternatives, create your own phone/ecosystem with your own money and stop complaining. No one forces you to buy stuff. You chose to. Don't like it, return it within 14 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.