Why don't my podcasts stay synced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brayhite, Jan 21, 2013.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I was under the impression that with the new iTunes/Podcasts app, your subscribed podcasts and last listened spot was synced among your devices where you're signed in. Is this not the case? If not, is there a way to set this up? Kinda frustrating having to scrub along listening for familiar statements to remember where I last was on a podcast.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Because the Apple Podcast app sucks. I the idea behind it was good, but the execution tripped and fell harder than a guy running down stairs with his shoes untied.

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Did you enable Settings > Podcasts > Sync subscriptions ?

I personally love the Podcasts app - in the first few months after its release there were lots of problems with podcasts failing to play or failing to download.

Podcasts is a huuge improvement over the podcasts section in the Music app.

4. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

The Podcast app was slow and generally ran like crap on my iPhone 4. It runs MUCH better (to be expected) on my iPhone 5. It was nearly unusable before, but I am starting to get on board with it. If they get rid of the horrible skeuomorph design/interface and just update it to something more sleek and modern looking and not as tacky as the current design, then I'll be fully on board. :)

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

With the Podcast App, does the user have control of when sync occur?

6. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did. However, auto-download wasn't on. Regardless, I thought Sync Subscriptions would still sync my play time on podcasts. I guess not?

7. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Your solution is the app called "Instacast" - I use on both my iPhone and iPad and it syncs perfectly.

8. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Interesting. When you refer to podcasts, do your refer to podcast episodes themselves or to the podcast covers which appear in the Podcasts app.

Certainly, the titles would transfer but unfortunately, you would indeed have to set the specific options for each of your Podcast "albums" (i.e. "keep last three episodes", subscription (on/off) etc.)

Therefore the individual episodes are not prone to the sync which Apple provides, only the Podcasts themselves are.