Why Everywhere-Everyone Using iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014

yesterday i go to shopping at mall ,,,, looking people walk on their hand almost 80 % iphone apple ,,,, young,teen,old, all kind of people ....

before i got an iphone i feel like respectful from people around , now everyone have it , that feeling gone ...

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

yesterday i go to shopping at mall ,,,, looking people walk on their hand almost 80 % iphone apple ,,,, young,teen,old, all kind of people ....

before i got an iphone i feel like respectful from people around , now everyone have it , that feeling gone ...
You might consider that you care too much about something as unimportant as a phone.

Of what importance is it to you whether others have a particular phone?

In short...what possible difference does it make which phone somebody uses.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Apple has about a 40% market share in the US, Samsung has about 24%, HTC has about 7%, Motorola has about 7% and LG has about 7%.

By the numbers Android phones have a larger chunk of the market, but Apple has the largest chunk of any one manufacturer. These numbers are in the US. Worldwide, Android has nearly 80% market share.

Maybe iPhone owners enjoy flashing their phones and waving them around for everyone to see?* :eek:

*I'm an iPhone owner....

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
8 out of the last 10 people who passed me in the hallway at my school had an iphone. Its easy to use and people like it, and if you have android you feel left out from emojis and groupchats.

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
but droid still running their mouth like they are number # 1 ...

and i dont think this guy is smart look .... compare to apple leader look ....

i dont think you look smart my friend :D

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK

Buy a Ferrari.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Android phones outsell iPhones worldwide. The US is just a fraction of the worldwide market.

Additionally "Droid" isn't saying anything. You posted a picture of a guy holding Samsung phones.

Is competition a bad thing? Without it, we may not even have an App store or WALLPAPERS THAT CAN BE CHANGED. ;)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

and i dont think this guy is smart look .... compare to apple leader look ....

i dont think you look smart my friend :D
Would wide phones with Android hold the majority of the market share. I don't think thats the case in the states. I'm assuming from your English you are not in the US so what country are you seeing predominately iPhones?

edit : I apologize if you are a native english speaker, wasn't till I reread that I realized that could be an insult.

iHackPro

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2014
DFW, TX
Why do people use iPhone's?

Because they just "iWork"?

Okay bad joke, but what does it matter what everyone carries? In my area, most of the teens have iPhones because they are the cool hipster thing to have. Plus, you don't want to miss out on those iMessage groups and the emojis. I, on the other hand, and like many people, carry them because they like it and it does what they want.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
When welfare recipients have the iPhone 5s, walmart shoppers, homeless people, you know the 'special' factor is long, long gone.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Apple has about a 40% market share in the US, Samsung has about 24%, HTC has about 7%, Motorola has about 7% and LG has about 7%.

By the numbers Android phones have a larger chunk of the market, but Apple has the largest chunk of any one manufacturer. These numbers are in the US. Worldwide, Android has nearly 80% market share.

Maybe iPhone owners enjoy flashing their phones and waving them around for everyone to see?* :eek:

*I'm an iPhone owner....
Or people with iPhones actually use their phones? My mom has an Android (Samsung something) and doesn't know how or even care about using it.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Why Everywhere-Everyone Using Iphone ???
First of all, everyone isn't as indicated above. Second, iPhone users aren't all identical and have various reasons.

Respect doesn't come from things that you buy. You earn respect. If you want exclusivity then don't go looking for it in a mass produced product.

Of course they are. What business goes around marketing their product as inferior? :rolleyes:

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I'm still baffled that people post such questions. Who really cares in the first place. I buy because I want this manufacture over androids. It's that simple

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
just 1 thing can tell that apple over droid is = apple retailer store location

over 500 retailer store location in united state
over 100 retailer store location over sea

i know that samsung and droid doesn't have that many yet

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

I think it's something like 15% of iPhones are sold direct from Apple. The remaining 85% are sold through various other retailers and a lot of folks never step foot in an Apple store.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Doesn't that make sense though? Apple store sells MUCH more then just iPhones in there. I bought my iMac, AppleTV, and Airport Extreme from an apple store. The competition doesn't really have a market for those things.

If there was an HTC store what would they have in it? 3 phones and a tablet? Be kind of silly to have a store front for that.

Motorola could have 4 phones and a million dollar antenna array for radio broadcast?

Samsung is the only one that might be able to pull it off but even then they would have a small mobile section and the rest would be Televisions, blu ray players, etc etc....

And 500 Apple store MAY sound like a lot in the US but its not. Many states don't even have one so its hours of driving. Plus you kind of debunked your original topic, 100 retail stores outside the US? Shows you how things are different in other parts of the world.

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
apple not just making money on iphone they are making money all item they sale

-iphone
-ipod
- ipad
- imac
-charger
- headphone
- cable

any item apple make people purchase , i think apple is riches company making money right now ,

oh yeah !!! we are riches in the world

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I had the iPhone since the first gen and back then Id look cool not so much anymore

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
8 out of the last 10 people who passed me in the hallway at my school had an iphone. Its easy to use and people like it, and if you have android you feel left out from emojis and groupchats.
It more like 9 out of 10 at my school. And a huge number of them are 5c's.

Status
Not open for further replies.