why face tattoos are the new normal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 17, 2018.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

2. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you spelled that wrong, it only needs .... not .....

3. VulchR, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Whatever floats people's boats. However, it makes me cringe: it's costly; it's painful; it often is not done well; and what looks OK on the face of a young person looks just plain silly on an older person. I can see putting on temporary decals or using henna to decorate oneself, but doing something permanent makes little sense to me.

4. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

You know, I could say, other people's bodies… other people's faces… I am sure they came to this after really thinking it through.

Though I suspect not.

They probably are dumb as **** and have committed themselves to a lifestyle that will embrace the look. Or they hope that tattoo removing technology will get shedloads cheaper, and scar free…

Having a face tattoo is one thing. But a badly planned, designed one is just absurd.

Yeah, I'm old.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It won’t be my official reason but it would be the reason I won’t employ you lol. Yuck.

6. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

upload_2018-12-17_11-3-8.png

Always... Jpred? Jupred? FPred? Iuwed?

Someone help me out.

7. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

I thought Always Tired, at first… but the jumping P has me flummoxed.

8. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

9. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

I think the T is supposed to be scripted and the i is dotted or maybe it is supposed to be a tear....but yeah...do not understand.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

12. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Guy on the right is a 22 year old who went from nothing to 14 million in 2 years. Guess he hired some good money manager to handle the money from his album proceeds. I think he will be alright.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

That's why he said "limited".

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Hope the kid on the left can rap then. I don't understand why anyone argues from the exception. I know a guy who survived a horrific MVA without wearing his seat belt, in fact he's probably alive because he didn't have it on. I don't think that's a reason to argue against the use of seat belts.

15. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't stupid. Just merely offering info about the beer rapper.

16. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I don't know who that guy is, but since TheHateMachine implied that he might be famous, I did a reverse image search so that I could find out what the tattoo says. I came across the following fun facts:
    1. He is a rapper with the stage name "Post Malone".
    2. The tattoo is "Always Tired". I guess the "P" is just a super-fancy dot for the "i".
    3. He wanted a balanced tattoo with the same number of letters for each word on each side.
      (He realized later that the two words don't have the same number of letters and therefore aren't balanced.)
    4. He got the face tattoo because his mom hates tattoos.

17. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Yay!
    I guessed correctly. :0

*High Five*

:D

PS. I still don't know who he is.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I know who Post Malone is. ;)

19. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

He is a sound cloud rapper who made a track that got him signed with a record label basically. He basically lucked out as there are thousands of sound cloud rappers out there and the right person at the right time heard something they thought was marketable.

20. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Thanks. :)

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Something about the construction of Post Malone is a cloud rapper makes me feel intensely old. Like I can glean what this means, but it's also just gibberish.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You went from Napster to iTunes to spotify and are finally content with life on the music front, I'm in the same boat. lol

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep, I bought cassette tapes with my allowance, and after someone stole all my cassette tapes from my car, I switched to CDs, but used a deck to record CDs to blank tapes.

The first MP3 player that allowed you to easily manage a mix CD without calculating the time seemed like a miracle. And, then iTunes was just so useful and amazing. And, the first iPod was a holy object for me. That thing traveled all over the world.

I'll also admit to falling for the hipster affectation of listening to LPs at home.

So, I get the evolution, but I can't find much that I love from new musicians, even as my son is routinely abusing me with some pop song he heard at school.

24. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Sound Cloud is leading to somewhat of a revolution in the indie scene these days. It is letting local bands and groups get their music out to a wide audience easy and cheap(free) and is leading to quite a few finding some good success. Introduced me to quite a few good djent acts.

Man, my first two cassettes I ever purchased were 311 - Transistor and Coolio - Dangerous Minds. Oh the memories.