Why hasn't Verizon or Sprint repriced their iPhone 4s to $99 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tedkolb, Sep 14, 2012.

1. tedkolb macrumors newbie

I've tried to find the newly price reduced iPhone 4s on either Verizon's or Sprints web stores to no avail. Only Apple and AT&T have the 4s available for $99. Why aren't Verizon and Sprint playing ball? Any insight would be appreciated.

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I saw it at Target today for $99, but for some reason their 4 was $49.

Anyway, sprint's site can't even seem to keep up with 5 orders at the moment... blerg

3. travisiscoolest macrumors newbie

they want yo money and they know they can still get people at that price point!

4. tedkolb thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

As of 6am on Friday the 14th the iPhone 4s (16mb) was:

Verizon Web Store - $199
    Sprint Web Store - $149
    AT&T Web Store and Apple - $99

Crazy times when Apple (or any "Brand Name") can undercut their own marketplace.

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I got Best Buy to price match it on Wednesday. They had to call the local Apple store to confirm the price and that they were in stock.

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Perhaps you should go to the Verizon store or call them for an answer. How does anyone here know the answer. :confused:

7. tedkolb thread starter macrumors newbie

Update 2

This all began after the Media Event on Wed morning when Apple announced the new 4s price had been reduced to $99 with new 2yr contract activation. Being underwhelmed by the iPhone 5 announcement and curr I headed down to my local Sprint store (lowest per month cost for 4 iphones).

The RSP told me he could offer a $400 credit towards three phones when I ported at least three phone numbers from my Verizon plan (I assume the same offer would extent to AT&T or T-Mobile customers). Assuming the new price was $99 each I knew I could save $400 right off the top and with the promo they would end up being free. Hell yeah...count me in! Only problem was Sprint hadn't lowered their price and no one in the store knew when or if they would be.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah. I was wanting to pick up a 4S for the wife, but no way I'm paying $199 for it @VZW when I know the price has dropped to $99.

9. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Will the corporate stores price match? I would call and see.

10. SiG03 macrumors newbie

I was just in a Verizon Plus store yesterday, and the store manager informed me that the prices for the 4S (and 4) will be changing on the 21st. I didn't ask why Verizon was being slow about the price update, though it might have to do with getting the IP5 in stock at the retail stores.

Anyway, as tempting as the IP5 is with the LTE, I'm going to by two 4S' for the wife and myself. The a few of the features of the IP5 appear to be nice, but not when compared to the $99 price tag of the 4S. Most of the specs are too similar between the two phones. I'll wait until next year for LTE.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for checking in and reporting back here. I really appreciate the info!

12. tedkolb thread starter macrumors newbie

Verizon is still $199 for an iPhone 4s 16gb

What a cluster fu** of a company.