Why have they still not changed those default dashboard applets?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by cm4227, Oct 11, 2017.

1. cm4227 macrumors newbie

cm4227

They seriously look like they came from ios 6 or something. It interrupts the flow of the OS. Everything else works with the design of the new look, built to look like a companion to iOS 11, but the dashboard is that one ugly muffin that you bake that becomes a mutant and devours all of the space around it, ruining that perfect instagram picture.

2. Princess Cake macrumors 6502

Princess Cake

Dashboard's been abandoned, babe. Just like the idea of sticking a CD into your Mac- Apple can't make things obsolete fast enough. Just hang onto it as well as your copy of iDVD and probably DVD Player, those things are vintage.

3. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Dashboard is the most underrated functionality in macOS X.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I was honestly surprised that Apple bothered to create a TouchBar button for it (granted, it was buggy throughout Sierra’s life...) I keep expecting it to go away every new release but it stays.

5. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

If you think the default Dashboard apps look outdated, check out Apple's official site for it. It's like traveling back in time to the Tiger days: https://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

I think it's clear that Apple is keeping Dashboard around for legacy reasons only, following its (kind of, but not full) replacement Notification Center widgets - which I'm surprised to see from a company that doesn't care if 3-year-old apps work on iOS 11.

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Dashboard remains "good enough" as it is.
    Leave it alone!