Why have you rejected Christ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jwolf6589, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

What bible? There are many bibles and many gods , did th know you are most likely to believe in the particular god that your country or parents practice?

I was Catholic, I'm forced to "practice" it a bit just to keep the family peace , been to church maybe 3 times out of the year .

I would dare say the actions of organized religion are proof your particular deity does not exist , but that's just me and the pastafarians

3. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Have you ever considered all the evidences or looked at archaeological support for the Bible? Did you read my article because I laid out a foundational outline of support for the Bible.

Archaeological Verifiability
    There are dozens of archaeological evidences to support both the Old and New Testaments, and I will name just a few. For the Old Testament, one big archaeological find comes from the library of Ashurbanipal, where clay tablets have been found for the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is the Babylonian version of the Flood. Archaeologists have discovered many other versions of the flood account that have verified the Biblical account. Another evidence was found in Nineveh. When the old city was excavated, thousands of clay tablets were discovered that made up the personal library of King Ashurbanipal of Assyria, who reigned from 668-626 BC. Most significant was this find because the "Creation Epic" that confirms the Biblical account of creation was discovered there. But probably the most important archaeological discovery found was the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947. The scrolls contain some 40,000 inscribed fragments which were found in the caves near the Dead Sea. What they did was confirm the Old Testament to be historically reliable. For the New Testament, one major discovery "The Pilate Stone", was found in Caesarea, which confirms that Pilate was a high ranking Roman official. There are plenty of other evidences to support the New Testament as well, and I have provided a list of some books at the end of this article.

Supernatural Activity

Many prophecies that were written and then confirmed centuries later have given much evidence that the Bible was inspired by God. Refer to an earlier article that I wrote "Prophecies Fulfilled In Jesus."

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, I gave up when you used the word brainwash in the second sentence. I don't think you know what the word means.

5. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

We live in a day of unbelief and doubt of the existence of God because of the influence of Secularism and Naturalism. Children are brainwashed in the public school system, and college students are fed these philosophies in their core course curriculum in history, philosophy, art and science.

What I have said is completely true. Naturalism and secularism has been preached to children in the schools as total truth and opposing views have been rejected. Those that attempt to teach Biblical truth in the public schools will face the ACLU.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Gazillion Christian sects all claiming their way is the right way and the others are just cults. Baptist, Protestant Catholic Methodist Lutheran blah blah blah ......

7. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Baptists and protestant are one and the same. A Baptist (i.e. Southern Baptists) fall under the general category as Protestants as do Methodists (except United Methodist), Bible Churches, Calvary's and the like.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The better question is why has everyone rejected the cow jumping over the moon? It's in a book after all, it must be true! But for some reason even though every night I look up expecting to see the cow jump over the moon... it never happens.

:(

Although, when I do look up, I see a bunch of stars that are billions of light years away, which pretty much shoot to **** any creation myths in any bible.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As said, they are all wrong according to each other
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2016 ---
    Or why do people reject Thor? :p

10. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Just one for giggles:

Long long ago, the Black Sea was an isolated saltwater body with a water level much lower than the open ocean, pretty much like Dead Sea is now.

Some event (earthquake) opened a passway to the mediterranean and waterlevel rose rather quickly.
    Story of this big flood was passed orally from generation to generation before it was incorperated into various ancient middle eastern cultures.

All of the Old Testament is really just watered down/modified old stories, some made up stuff and spiced up historical facts.

So even if you could proove that there was a king David and that he killed a guy called Goliath, you'd still have nothing to proove god.

I'll go asfar as saying that there might be some supernatural being/power, but given the clear evidence one can see the only thing we know for sure is that he/she/it wouldn't approve any religion ever practiced on earth.

11. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

You are impossible to reason with since you do not know much about history or the Church. To imply that Baptists and other Christian groups reject each other is false for they unite on the essentials of the faith, but reject each other over secondary issues.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

One question I always have for people who believe in magical sky fairies:

People always blame "god" when something bad happens and say it's part of "his plan". My question is.. if your "god" exists, why is he such a ****ing *******?

13. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Have you ever looked at the archeological evidence for a world wide global flood? There are DOZENS of fossils and other evidences all over the world.

Local Flood or Global Flood?
    There is plenty of evidence in the world to support the world wide flood of Genesis. The book The Global Flood by Answers in Genesis has proved an invaluable resource on this topic and of which I will be using primarily in this section.

Evidences in the world for the Genesis Flood

Evidence #1— Fossils of sea creatures high above sea level due to the oceans having flooded the continents.
    All over the world there is evidence of sea creatures in the mountains. The creatures found up there are not typical ones to have gotten there by ordinary means. For example, certain types of shellfish are found in the Himalayas. Also the Grand Canyon has many marine fossils. How could they have gotten there as the Canyon is a mile above sea level? Only the flood of Genesis provides an explanation.

Evidence #2- Rapid burial of plants and animals
    There are billions of nautiloid fossils found in a layer in the GrandCanyon. Other parts of the world such as chalk and coal beds testify to a major catastrophic destruction and burial.

Evidence #3- Rapidly deposited sediment layers spread across vast areas.
    There are rock layers that can be traced between continents, and the features that are in these rock layers do indicate that they were deposited rapidly. The Grand Canyon and the Tapeats Sandstone are some examples. The inclined layers in the Coconino Sandstone of the Grand Canyon are evidence of 10,000 cubic miles of sand that was deposited into the area by huge water currents during the Noah's Ark Flood.

Evidence #4- Rapid or no erosion between strata
    There is plenty of evidence of rapid erosion in the rock layers. There is no evidence of "millions of years of evolution" in the rock layers in the Grand Canyon.

Evidence #5- Many strata laid down in rapid succession.

There are many rocks throughout the earth that did not break but folded which indicates a worldwide flood. The Tapeats Sandstone in the Grand Canyon is folded in a right angle without evidence of breaking, which is unusual for a rock.

Evidence #6- The Ark
    If the flood were local and not global, then why the need for the ark? Noah could have fled to the mountains and could have made it in time. God warned Lot in Sodom, and he fled, so He could have done the same with Noah. If the flood were local, then why did God send animals to the ark? Certainly the Cheetah and other animals would have had no need for the ark as they can travel faster than a man. Or why did God send birds to the ark if the flood were local? Some birds can travel several hundred kilometers per day. And finally, if the flood were local, then God would be a liar and had broken his promise many times. Over the years there have been huge local floods in various parts of the world. For example Bangladesh is located next to India in Southeast Asia and there have been many floods in that region over the years. Also, in Europe in 2002 a major flood hit the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania and Croatia. Read the following Wikipedia article "2002 European Floods."

Evidence from the Bible

The scripture shows that the entire earth was flooded with water. Universal language is used in the following passages to prove a global flood.

And they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away... (MT 24:39,NIV).

And the flood came and destroyed them all (Lk 17:27,NKJV).

If he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others; when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly (2 Pet 2:5,ESV).

The world that then existed was deluged with water and perished (1 Pet 3:6,ESV).

By faith Noah being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith (Heb 11:7,ESV).

Those that want to believe in a local flood do so in their own ignorance and unbelief. There is so much evidence in the world to support the global flood that local flood advocates are unaware of, or are in denial of the facts. The scripture proves time and time again to be reliable and shows clearly that there was a global flood. Those that have been influenced by Naturalistic evolutionary theories come to the Bible with these preconceived conclusions and therefore will interpret the Bible to fit into their man-made evolutionary theories, and, therefore it is no wonder that they deny that the entire earth was filled with water during Noah's day.

14. SusanK macrumors 68000

The answer to this is on Little House on the Prairie reruns. ;)

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Jesus Christ is a historical fiction. He wasn't an actual person.

16. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Secondary like who gets to heaven or how to get there. It's a scam

18. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Secondary such as

Bible Translations
    Eschatology
    Calvinism vs. Arminianism
    Church government
    etc..

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

As other Christians have pointed out, the Bible is more about allegory and metaphor, rather than the literal, to tell stories on how to behave. Or that's what they say when confronted with various stories. Especially when confronted with the obvious retort about Adam and Eve being incest, what the Bible says about unmarried women, women who commit infidelity, raped women...

Still, many who were Christians probably got tired of treating others nice and giving when all they got was being abused. You know, "do unto others the way you want them to do unto you". It gets tiring, being taken advantage of, after only so long. Which reminds me, the Bible also condones slavery. Even chapters written in the New Testament make some interesting references, but like me you don't know who wrote each chapter - or how they were re-translated over the last couple of thousand years.

Never mind how other archaeological tests also refute what the Bible says. Including the questionable date of birth, skin color, and everything else...

In short, the greater problem is - why are people no longer being nice to each other? And who gets to play the role of Jesus when the time comes? Assuming He ever returns...

And remember, "Father, son, holy spirit" did come from paganism originally. As did other holidays, tweaked to fit and the new assimilated slaves' lives.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2016 ---
    So, where do we learn the original language, by someone who isn't going to fib or change things around, followed by a tour of the original documentation so we can see all for ourselves? Or are people scared of finding out they've been taken for a ride?

20. Robisan macrumors 6502

Of course, there's all kinds of archaeological evidence for things occurring long before your Bible says that God created earth. If earth didn't exist, how did those things occur?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yes. The other ones are going to hell since they don't practice like they do , it's a scam

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Earth is flat and 6k years old and evolution is a myth

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Interesting to pop in here and imply we have rejected Christ via the thread title.

The question is something I'd love to ask a lot of Americans who have voted for some legislation Christ would not have condoned and who have behaved towards other people in ways Christ would not have condoned.

Not that I'm casting a first stone since I'm not perfect either. But I'd love to hear the answers. Hopefully those answers would also all start with "Well I'm not perfect so..." (but I doubt it).

And by the way, rejecting "creationism" does not mean a person rejects Jesus Christ, who was apparently a lot more open minded than some who in more modern times have attempted to co-opt and narrow the Christian message.

Thanks for stopping by... don't let the door I'm closing represent an insult since it's not intended that way. As I say to proselytizers who stop by my real house, "I have a deep faith and I hope yours means as much to you as mine to me..."

And now I have chores to get on with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.