Why Hillary Clinton isn't pushing Bernie Sanders to exit race

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, May 5, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-exit-race/

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

It's over for Bernie and everyone knows it but there's no reason he can't ride it out and Hillary has no need to push it. He'll drop eventually.

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Depends if the democrats want to actually win, and whether or not Hillary gets impeached/jailed for her email server and distribution of top secret classified material.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

This line keeps getting spouted off, I like Bernie but some of his supporters make the Trump crowd look sane.

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Polls show she will lose against Trump and what she is being investigated for by the FBI is a jail-able offence.

Nothing to do with me supporting any particular candidate (though I do feel that Sanders is the only one who isn't a pathological liar - but hey, I'm not living over there), but the above are facts.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It is increasingly looking like the FBI will indict Hilary. Whether she'll be found guilty is another matter. Regardless it would derail her campaign, which could be disastrous to the Democratic party if it happens during the general rather than the primary.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Yes, because he's not a viable threat and hasn't been attacked yet. Once he is put under the same scrutiny as Hillary has been it would be an entirely different story, think he can't be attacked? Then we've learned nothing from any past election. You may hate her, but she's withstood her share and will be more formidable for it. This is a fact, lest we've totally ignored the media's evisceration of her for the last two years.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Trump may be an idiot, but he hasn't leaked top secret classified material all over the internet by illegally hosting it on a server in his basement.

I'm not quite sure how this hasn't been a major campaign issue, but you can be sure that if it is Trump vs Hillary it will be the ace in the deck... and that's if public opinion isn't already enough.

Irrespective of polling - I'm not sure what would happen if Hillary was to be impeached/jailed after becoming the democrat nominee - but it's also a possible scenario to play out.

And it's nothing to do with me liking or hating Hillary - her misdeeds are all a matter of public record and the FBI is currently investigating...

9. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Trump will appreciate your vote. The reality is Bernie has almost zero chance of winning, whatever one's opinion of Hillary is will not change this fact. By omission, write-in or direct vote, it's a vote for Trump and from the sounds of this post, there's more respect for him than Hillary anyway.

10. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I'm not an american, i'm just a concerned citizen of the world.

As to the media's evisceration of Hillary, well maybe if she wasn't quite as crooked, she wouldn't have the awkward interviews thrown at her...

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

As we all are. Regardless, your opinion is respected. IMO we should be more welcoming in this way here in America.

12. Limey77 macrumors regular

Can you link to these polls?? all the most recent ones have Hilary beating Truml by 10-15% in a landslide.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

One poll, by Rasmussen, the guys who said Romney would win, has Trump ahead. Virtually every other poll has Hillary winning by an average of 9%, I believe.

His tepid, at best, support from Republican candidates up for reelection is telling. When their opponents start connecting them to Trump, watch how fast they run away.

14. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Polls had Trump with less than a 1% chance of winning the GOP nomination when he started.

Less than a couple of weeks ago polls had Trump losing to Cruz by double digits.

Polls have continually pushed Hillary leading Trump, as well as all news sources and the GOP stating that Trump was the weakest of them all against Hillary. Logic would dictate that the strongest against Hillary would have been attacked by the Clinton ads and rhetoric, not the weakest..

Yet Trump was the only one all attacks really focused on by all sides including the Soros funded protest groups..(read Hillary)

Now here we go again..:rolleyes:

15. Limey77 macrumors regular

Thanks for the info!

It's a survey of just 1,000 people and the result is within the moe so hardly reliable. All the more respected polls have it going to Hilary in a landslide.

We'll have to wait and see but this is now very much Clinton's to lose.

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Right, but now those in the middle will have a say, not just crazy Republicans and it will be a completely different race. Trump will actually have to answer policy questions and show some real knowledge of the issues. Personal attacks alone will not win him the white house in the General Election.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yep, 347 to 191 if current polls hold. Im sure there will be a couple states that will shift one way or the other. And if Gary Johnson can poll well enough to get in the debates I could see enough support peeling away from Trump to put more solidly Republican states in play.

18. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the BernieBots went that route too. The social issues that the social justice whiners care about fall pretty much in line with a libertarian view. A real libertarian view, not the PRSI version of it calling it basically anarchy.

19. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

He has already talked many times about policy issues, and has already made his foreign policy speech public.
    He has also brought out issues no one even dare mention - illegal immigration, perpetual war, bogus trade deals, the vets, the clean coal industry, using our energy resources instead of selling them to foreigners, Obama care, Common Core, outsourcing of jobs, the bogus unemployed rating system, the problem with govt corruption and lobbies, the problem with the delegate system on both sides, biased media etc..etc..etc...

What has Hillary talked about except meaningless platitudes, the race card, the femminist card?.

The "he doesn't talk about policy issues" memes to portray him as stupid..is loosing it's propaganda charm.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

what did you say earlier?
    Hillary has not yet beaten the man with zero chance.;)

21. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Even Republicans were laughing over that speech. If that's the best he's got he's going to be eaten alive by Hillary in a debate. Agree with her on the issues or not, she has a deep understanding of it and debate questions will not be scripted.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Trump fought & won against Faux news, the GOP itself and all those in it and won. by all means drop guards & believe the polls. since he won he is already shifting to the middle

23. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Of course they would be laughing, because they have no policy except war, and globalism. Can't wait for Hillary's version of how "experienced" she is at every failed policy in the middle east that has lined her pockets.. LOL

24. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Understood, and to you guys she will never successfully make that argument. However, we're talking about those outside of the extreme right wing or left wing view, those in the middle who will want to hear a substantive debate. Trump has yet to prove he can make any headway with that demographic.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

like I said, he is already shifting to the middle, hard to say where he will end up, I would LOVE it if he said he bought Hillary clinton :D