Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334166340.953423.jpg Reverted back to stock. Battery life is insane. Granted I have only talked for 40 minutes but my jailbreak was never at full after 7+ hours even if I never touched it.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
View attachment 335298 Reverted back to stock. Battery life is insane. Granted I have only talked for 40 minutes but my jailbreak was never at full after 7+ hours even if I never touched it.

Dude...you havent even touched your phone. Anyone would get that much standby if they let their phone become a paperweight for a workday.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
It'll make up for it when you are least expecting it lol. Somedays I have great battery life then other days it seems to fade quickly. But no I honestly can say I never have got close to that stock or with jb. You upgrade to 5.1?

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
It'll make up for it when you are least expecting it lol. Somedays I have great battery life then other days it seems to fade quickly. But no I honestly can say I never have got close to that stock or with jb. You upgrade to 5.1?

Yeah I am on 5.1.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
this happens sometimes with iphone batteries. Itll say 100% for a while but the drainage from 99-0 will be a lot faster than normal

I do agree that jailbreak did lower my battery life, primarily due to the tweaks (weathericon mostly)

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
this happens sometimes with iphone batteries. Itll say 100% for a while but the drainage from 99-0 will be a lot faster than normal

I do agree that jailbreak did lower my battery life, primarily due to the tweaks (weathericon mostly)

How often did you have it refresh?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Weird. I didn't think a refresh interval of 2 hours would cause that much of a drain. I'm considering going back to stock but I'm worried I'd miss all the tweaks and I'm not sure my battery life would improve that much since I'm a heavy user.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
My wife's phone does that sometimes. all day and still at 100%....reboot her phone and she's at 5%.
Yeh I think it's common, every iPhone I've had has done that before where sometimes it's stuck at 100% for awhile then drops like a rock, or would enter shut down mode faster than normal. I always calibrate them, which people can say is BS, but it's no different then calibrating the batteries on my Macbook Pro's, all it's doing is making sure the system is reading and reporting the correct %. Did the samething to my GSII and it last longer then when I got it.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Weird. I didn't think a refresh interval of 2 hours would cause that much of a drain. I'm considering going back to stock but I'm worried I'd miss all the tweaks and I'm not sure my battery life would improve that much since I'm a heavy user.

Dont get me wrong, it wasnt horrible drain, but I did see a difference. Another reason I went back to stock is that I dont want to rely on someone's ability to jailbreak my device for it to be fully functional.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Dont get me wrong, it wasnt horrible drain, but I did see a difference. Another reason I went back to stock is that I dont want to rely on someone's ability to jailbreak my device for it to be fully functional.

What do you mean rely on someone? You mean until the next version of iOS has tools to jailbreak it?

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Yes you have to wait till the hole is found, then for someone to create software for it. It took months for the 4s and I think it'll only get longer from here on.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Yes you have to wait till the hole is found, then for someone to create software for it. It took months for the 4s and I think it'll only get longer from here on.

Yeah it seems like it. I was this close to restoring just now but then I remembered there are no collapsible sections in Notification Center. Why Apple decided not to add that is beyond me..

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
Does Activator take a lot of battery? It must be on all the time working surely. I would lose 25% over night when Jailbroken.

I too have gone back to stock and my battery is amazing now.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I see zero battery life difference between stock and jailbroken iPhone for me and i have some tweaks including sbsettings and activator etc.

Most probably it is an app or a wrong setting. But a jailbreak is not a reason to lose battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.