Why I am choosing not to sell white Macbook and buy an aluminum one

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jshelton, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I originally ordered the low end 2.1ghz white MB from Apple.com in August 2008. During the first week I noticed the top case was raised a little on the left side (seperated). I decided I would go ahead and experience an appointment with a Genius. I carried it in and the manager of the Apple store took a look at it and asked if he could just replace the notebook with a new one. I agreed and they migrated my data to the new one and I was on my way. Once home, I noticed that the specs were different. They had replaced my 2.1/120 combo with a 2.4/160 superdrive. I used my better judgement and called the store. I explained the situation and they told me they would research it and call me back. I talked to a couple of different employees throughout the day and finally I called back that night to check the status. I said I felt like they should know what they did. The girl looked at the receipt on their system and told me that the one I had originally brought in was in fact a 2.4ghz. She ensured me there was not a mixup. I checked the original box (they didn't switch the boxes) and it gave the 2.1 specs. She assured me that I brought in a 2.4ghz. End of story there.

The receipt that I received from the exchange showed the serial number of my first machine but with the 2.4 specs.

So, I paid for a 2.1ghz and ended up with a 2.4ghz. I got a $1299 machine for $999. This...a good deal. I feel like it would not be logical to sell my MB for way less than I paid and have to fork out more for an aluminum with a smaller processer, etc. Even though the new Macbooks are AMAZING, this white one does what I need it to. I ended up getting a great deal so I think I will keep this machine at least until the warranty expires.

2. djkny macrumors 6502

That's quite a bit of text for a 3-line explanation.
    Glad it worked out anyhow.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

So.......what is your problem/concern? You went through a lot of thoughts in that post.

4. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dang. Harsh.

I don't guess I have a concern. Just a discussion. You took the time to read it so you must not be too busy.
    In all honesty, I really want a new Macbook and I am just trying to talk myself out of listing mine on eBay and buying a new one. There...you happy?

5. bunit macrumors regular

bunit

Sounds like you are happy with your current Macbook. No need to go through all the trouble of selling it and then spend more money on a new one. Just enjoy what you have and the great deal you got it for in my opinion.

6. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I have a black macbook and I agree there is no real reason to upgrade. Every day that passes I love my black macbook more then the last.

I had considered upgrading when the new ones had first come out but honestly the whole giant button touchpad isnt for me. Maybe if they consider putting the trackpad button back I will pick one up. otherwise I will pass.

7. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

wait, what?

You got an alum macbook? But you're not selling you white one you don't have anymore? wtf :confused: