Why I decided to sell my 128gb Wifi Air 2 to buy a 64gb LTE model...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

So, I have been debating for awhile now if I should sell my 128gb Wifi Air 2 model to buy a LTE. I went back and forth for about a month and finally decided to make the plunge. Here were my reasons: Big screen GPS for traveling, I can receive iMessages and text messages while I am on it no matter where I go, it always has Verizon service when my phone does so when I am out and about, I don't have to activate the hotspot to get my notifications and messages. Yes, the instant hotspot feature is cake, but you can't leave it on all the time. My wife whom wasn't even a fan of the iPad before has said "This device makes a lot more sense now that you can use it basically anywhere".

I wanted a 128gb LTE model, but nobody in town had them and I didn't even fill up 32gb yet on my 128 model when I had it, so I'm not concerned. The only thing I really have taking up space is lots of podcasts. Has anyone else sold their Wifi iPad to get a LTE one? I'll never own a Wifi one again after seeing how useful the LTE model really is in everyday life situations.

2. cynics macrumors G3

I did the opposite just because my usage isn't the same as yours. I don't have a problem activating the hotspot feature when I need it. But the main reason for me is the data plan, I just can't justify another bill for something my usage doesn't require.

A useful feature I had with it is I have Verizon which doesn't do talk + data simultaneously (volte is changing that) so when I was out I would use the tablet as a hotspot so I could talk and surf on my phone and never pull the tablet out of my bag.

3. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I always buy the LTE, and all future will be 64gb. My current 32 in both my Air and my rMini are almost full, but yea, the LTE is the only way to go imo. Its simply more useful and safer than public wifi.
    I have a 94 mile comute every day and the gps is invaluable to me because there is usually a major accident on one of my 2 possible routes home.
    Good choice!
    My wife also has the LTE iPad Air 1 and dont think she would even use a wifi only version. She is forever pulling it out of her purse to check something while out and about.