Why im not worried about scuff gate or problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

One word.. Applecare. I have had with all my apple products and have never had a problem using it. If it gets bad, ill get it replaced. Im not making excuses for Apple. If its really a problem, ill be disappointed in them but they always made sure I was happy with my purchase.

That is where applecare has an advantage over the squaretrades of the world.Lets see you get a new phone with them after a year that is cosmetic in damage.

2. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

Can I call apple and add AppleCare to my phone someone said if I call them I would have to before I get my phone

3. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Can't you add Applecare for up to a year? Or is that just computers?

4. bueller1 macrumors 6502

30 days from the purchase date

5. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

From the apple website

Important notes

AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPhone. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPhone, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPhone purchase date and confirm that your iPhone has no pre-existing damage.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

You know what...I babied all my previous iPhones, spending a fair amount of cash on cases and protectors to keep them in pristine condition and when it came time to sell, the difference in price between "like new" phones and ones with some wear was $50-75 which I easily spent in cases, etc. Now I'm of the opinion - screw that! Worry less, play more :D

7. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I really doubt Apple will put out a product that will wear out that easy and fast.. Especially the iPhone. Possible but I highly doubt. We shall see soon enough I guess.

8. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

You can call tonight and have it added.Or when phone comes in, think can add. Im really not sure. I always bought it at sametime.

9. THEAnonymous macrumors member

I really doubted that Apple would release an iPhone that...you know...was having a hard time holding a signal (iPhone 4). But they did.

I also really doubted that Apple would release a FAR inferior mapping product and boot out Google for no good reason (from the users' perspective). But they did.

10. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

Probably the best point I've heard made on any thread discussing this issue. :apple:

11. apierrec macrumors 6502

That thing of beauty should be naked. Screw cases - don't sell it, save now for iP6! :D

12. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

I too am going naked with the Iphone 5. Cases just always got small particles in them and scratched my phone

I got Applecare+. Going to enjoy the phone with no case! :D

13. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I'm not worried either, but then I tend to drink a lot. Serriously, I agree with the worry less, play more sentiment.

14. FredV macrumors member

FredV

I asked a friend who is a "Genius" at an apple store.
    He said you can also buy AppleCare at the time of incident, but it will be a bit more expensive, like $200 instead of the $99-$49.

15. Gshox macrumors regular

So apple care covers stuff like that? If I feel like my phone for example has too many scratches they will straight up replace it??