Why I'm Voting for Donald Trump and EVERYONE should do the same

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by garirry, Oct 23, 2016.

1. garirry, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

...Thanks for the click :)

What a crappy, unproductive society we live in where people are spending their entire days arguing about whether you should vote for Hillary or Trump in political sections like this, and everywhere else you could think of (social media, etc.). Granted, I don't care who you're voting for and under normal circumstances, I will probably respect your opinion, provided you are not being offensive and your arguments make sense. I don't know how everything went in the 2012 elections because I didn't care, but one thing I can definitely say about this one is that the people have gotten downright insane.

Why is it that there is no logical discussion about candidates? Why is it that one candidate's supporters will go snooping around on the Internet, and will find every single possible bit of propaganda to ever exists in order to attempt to either blame the other candidate (who btw doesn't care) or to put shame on said candidate's supporters? Why is it that you must find another country that is remotely connected to the candidate you do not like and use as evidence for your crappy propaganda about the candidate you do no like? Why on earth are you freely using left-wing and right-wing as insults in order to boost your own ego by shaming on the political side that is contrary to your candidate's beliefs? Do you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to post, when somebody makes a thread about the recent DDoS attacks, some crap about Trump and Russia? Do you LEGITIMATELY have NOTHING to do in your life in order to spend your days on news sites criticizing the opinions of those who disagree with you? Are you SO FAR to the left or right that you cannot handle the concept of centrism or people who are a little less to the left or to the right than what you'd like, so you start insulting them?

This ****ing world is so annoying, you people have nothing to do in your life, and you are wasting your precious-ass time fighting for something that won't matter in the end. Why am I saying that? Because BOTH candidates are ***** who should not be in the president's seat. However, the simple truth you can't grasp apparently is that 1) no matter who gets in the president's seat, nothing will turn out good because they have not as much power as you'd think and ultimately, the only thing that's going to be different is the people's feelings. If Hillary wins, people will be rightists in the future. If Trump wins, people will be leftists in the future. And 2), like it or not, your vote DOES NOT matter. If you are so inclined to believe that your and your friends' votes alone are enough to change the results, you're stupid. Even if this entire forum, including all non-active, underage, non-american were to vote the exact same thing, the results wouldn't change if they all voted the same other candidate. The only results that DO matter are the mass idiots' obsessions with either side of the political spectrum. If you vote and the candidate you voted for will do something bad, you will regret it. If you don't vote, either candidate will do something bad but you won't regret anything.

Ultimately, I am not voting for Trump, apologies for the clickbait title, and I am not voting for Hillary, I am not voting for a 3rd party, because, well, I'm not even 18 and I'm not American. And even if I WAS 18 and American, I'd still not vote because these elections is pretty much choosing which bullet to shoot yourself with. And even if compulsory voting was present in the USA, I'd STILL not vote, or at least I would register the vote and write some insults on the ballot.

For the love of god, stop being such pathetic beings and do something productive in your life.

EDIT: Screw this mess. Clearly it goes over everyone's head here. If you're a mod and you're reading this, please delete this thread.

2. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

WHY I'M VOTING FOR WHOEVER I WANT TO VOTE FOR, AND SO SHOULD YOU: because this is a democracy. Go out and vote. Stop being so upset that not everyone shares your opinions - that is the essence of democracy. I for one wouldn't want this country to be an echo chamber like some of these loyalists would prefer.

It's just like companies, really - competition breeds innovation. Each of the candidates will try a little harder when the opposing party's platform looks great as well.

tl;dr: yes, OP. Yes.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You don't know anything about PRSI members' productivity, life situation, or their contributions to society or the lives of others.

Please don't assume that you do, or are qualified to judge our worth based on posts in an internet forum.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And yet here you are posting.

Then why are you even here posting? Go play with your iPhone or something.

Oh the irony.

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

+1

It is indeed interesting where similarities truly exist...

...and where they end.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2016 ---
    By posting, he's contributing to society, and providing competition at the same time, and doing everyone a favor for doing it for a lot less money than Rush Limbaugh or his counterpart Michael Moore (both hypocrites of big magnitudes, though only Moore would use capitalism to sell a book discussing how bad capitalism is. But most people already know, for a dozen reasons, he's a phony providing no more than lip $ervi¢e.)

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Even so, you sound like you'd fit right into the demographic that most favors Trump.

But no, I'm not voting for Mr. Trump. And thank God you can't.

btw on the subject of productivity: I just sewed 60 feet of binding onto the edge of a quilt this afternoon. That was in between posting snark to my friends and fake adversaries here in PRSI, cooking some chili for dinner and repotting a jade plant and two cacti. Cross the pond (or the desert?) sometime and learn how to multitask. Ciao!

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hmm, I guess I don't see it that way. When you speak out (for anyone) and show logic, passion (but not too much because look at the alt right) then you're not just swaying the opinions of people you're talking to - you're swaying the opinions of the silent ones who are just reading.

So yeah. Your silent vote may not matter as an individual, but they add up. Your vocal vote matters more.

I wouldn't vote for Trump for what it's worth. And initially I would have thought Hillary was just the best of a bad bunch, but when I read about how scrutinised she has been, and the pressure from raving lunatics, I see she's strong and can do the job under pressure.

Some of the worst, most pointless people I know IRL are the ones who vocally don't vote. Being proud of apathy is quite bizarre. "I went to the toilet and didn't wipe my arse after because **** it we all die eventually"

9. garirry thread starter macrumors 68000

garirry

Do people here seriously think that I'm advocating Trump? The only reason I put that in the title is because that's only way I could get attention from you obsessed people.

I don't like Trump, I don't like Hillary. They're both bad. If I was forced at gunpoint to vote for someone, I'd vote randomly.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Often when people are required to vote, there is just one option that's safe to select and it's made pretty clear in advance which option that is.

11. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well, glad that I don't spend time reading OP? Perhaps the answer is yes.
    And even though I am way over 18, I still don't need to vote cause not American whatsoever.
    Also, clickbait is just bad.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not really. Plus this is a forum to discuss politics. It's very nature is discussing candidates that we feel are superior and why. Kind of the point. I don't know why anyone would complain about that as none of the threads here are required reading and no one is going to ask for a book report on them. :D

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks for the thoughtful and insightful post, @garirry. Can't wait for your next riveting diatribe. [/sarcasm]

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

A great way to convince people to side with your opinion is to spend half your 4 page theory insulting its readers.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well that has been donald's method for his whole run.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

... And look where it's brought him.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes up in the polls :D

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just wanted you to know that unlike most who posted here, I read your entire post.

I was taking a giant **** but still... I read it. How's that for productive?

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

hope it did not stink as bas as this thread or it could have been deadly.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

For answer to paragraph 1, see paragraph 2.