Why I'm Voting for Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Oct 22, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Good Government can - and does - make a huge difference in people's lives. And I refuse to give in to the cynics, liars, and frauds who say otherwise.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I had you down as a Trump supporter :(. Let's make America great again

3. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Why I'm not voting for Hillary: she'll continue sending America down the wrong path of war, and will keep kicking the can down the road instead of solving our problems.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hope this kid can carry a rucksack, we're going to war boys.

5. Strider64 macrumors 6502

Strider64

I'm voting for Spock, I figure if dead people can vote for their candidate then I can vote for a dead candidate!:D:eek:

The reason I'm voting for Spock is that he uses logic over emotion, can use the Vulcan mind meld and the Vulcan nerve pinch (or in extreme cases death grip). ;)

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I agree.

And thank you for sharing that video. That was great.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Nice video. Hope she gets a good job when she comes of age. Hillary will probably do more to revive the middle class to ensure that happens.

8. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Not only that but good Government is the only answer, ideally with everyone contributing, not minimized government, not anarchy, or dog eat dog, every person for themselves,

9. Herdfan macrumors 6502

This is true.

But bad government can do much worse than good government can do good.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Spock isn't dead. Leonard Nimoy is dead. Spock is a fictional character and very much alive. :)

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not really true. Good governments good is everything it does over bad government ;).

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Government has no monopoly as such. In general, it is easier for any one entity to destroy than to create. It also takes more effort to create, be truly tolerant, and other such issues. But who wants to work when everyone is lazy (the other oft-quoted meme of today...)

13. Smellmet macrumors regular

Smellmet

Not watched Star Trek Beyond then have you?

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Are you sure that's the only reason you're voting for Hilary Clinton @vrDrew :D

Luckily CHIP seemed to be a program that worked well- which was designed to provide coverage to children above the Medicaid level, essentially expanding state Medicaid above the federal poverty level.

Unfortunately now the problem we're facing (particularly here in Mass) is the employer mandate. You have people making relatively little money getting stuck paying into these awful health plans. If they worked for a smaller company not required to pay for insurance (<10 full time employees I believe), these employees would be able to go through the state exchange and get a much better deal.

When you make $20/HR, have a $250/month premium, $6850 individual, $14,000 family out of pocket max, atrociously high copays... it's too expensive for these people to utilize healthcare. I know plenty of people who fall into this category and simply cannot afford to be treated, especially for chronic conditions.

Right now Harvard University's food service works union are on strike for essentially this reason- and they are paid very well considering their industry, average salary, with their average salary being over $30,000/yr (over $20/HR + weekly stipend for off season when there are less students).

It's an interesting place where our healthcare system is. More people insured but more people struggling to utilize services.

This is a nice story though. My dad's company has been a benefactor of The Starkey Foundation, which is part of a hearing aid/cochlear implant manufacturer that gives out hearing aids to those in the US and abroad, especially 3rd world countries. Ironically this charity is also supported by Trump, as well as Bill Clinton and a number of other celebrities.

It would be nice to see Medicare cover hearing aids + exams for our seniors. Hearing aids can easily cost thousands per ear + exams, over $1000 minimum. While hearing is obviously imperative for developing children, I think it's an important QOL and safety issue in seniors.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You prefer the cynics, liars, and frauds who say "yes we can" and "stronger together".

16. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

She will finally do it. After 30 years of trying, she will accomplish something if we just give her 4 more. And she will do it with honesty integrity this time.

17. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I will say that Im not voting for TRump or Hillary. I honestly feel like we are screwed no matter which one gets voted in. I feel like it is part of our American duty to vote, but if I vote for either one of them and they get it, I will feel more guilty then ever. This is one of the few situations where there is no RIGHT answer.

18. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

So very true. I am still undecided, and have been looking at Stein and Johnson , but their politics are just crazy different then my views. Especially Stein's. Rest assured it will not be Clinton who I vote for as I have seen what she does when in political office.

19. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Hillary Clinton isn't the only person who can take credit for CHIP. She wasn't the only person involved in the ensuring disabled children had access to Public Education. Hillary Clinton also didn't invent cochlear implants or treat that young woman's hearing loss.

But one thing I can say: Hillary has spent pretty much her entire adult life working to make life in this country better for the people who live here. And she has chosen to make politics and government the means by which that happens.

Make no mistake about it, Government is not the answer to all of our problems. But for many of them it is the essential component. Philanthropy, private business, and independent research all can play their role. But there are simply some problems that only the Government can address. Only the Government can marshall the resources and regulate the marketplace in such a way as to give the less-fortunate a fighting chance.

Of all the candidates running for President this year, I think only Hillary Clinton has the experience, the record of achievement, the commitment, and the ability to make that happen.

20. poloponies Suspended

Think of how you'll feel living with the consequences (either way) and knowing you had an opportunity to have a say in the matter but chose to sit it out. You live with the consequences whether you pull the lever or not.

I'm sticking with Hillary because she's the only realistic choice. Trump is a know-nothing, do-nothing, moron who says anything he thinks will get traction whether he believes in it (let alone understands it) or not. I could not live with myself if if he got elected and I sat this one out.

Vote your mind, but vote.

21. Desertrat macrumors newbie

My problem with Hillary is very simple: She's a neo-con war hawk. Her past decisions and her campaign-trail comments have me--and many others--seeing her as the War candidate. The only pro-Trump thing for me is that he hasn't made a bunch of war-like noises.

Granted, so long as our killing is wogs, ragheads and other mud people, I guess it doesn't matter. (That's sarcasm, for those who need to be told that. :D) Trouble is, she's been part of the anti-Russia deal, even back during her SecState daze. IMO, the Wolfowitz Doctrine is a recipe for Very Bad Trouble.

22. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Excuse me, but you are going to have to expand on this. More specifically: Hillary Clinton is promoting a course towards war with which country, exactly?

Russia?

Because if that is your hypothesis, then I don't think you've given that enough thought.

Russia has, over the past four years annexed Crimea. It is currently engaged in a bombing campaign against civilian targets in Syria (mainly to prop up Bashar al-Assad, a man who used chemical weapons against his own people). Russia has made aggressive moves against the Baltic States.

The way to prevent such moves from spiralling out of control is by the United States showing leadership, and strong diplomatic resolve. Imposing economic sanctions.

Doing what Donald Trump suggests: Ending sanctions and breaking up NATO, is simply going to make the situation worse.

Vladimir Putin dare not get into an armed conflict with the United States. For the very good reason that his forces would lose, terribly badly. But that doesn't mean he's not going to take his chances if he thinks he can get away with it. Something he is considerably more likely to believe if he found Donald Trump in the White House.

You aren't choosing between a "war" candidate and a "peace" candidate. You are choosing between a world where the US is seen as a reliable leader. And one where we suffer humiliation and the loss of seventy years of collective security. And trust me, if Donald Trump's ignorant meanderings about NATO allies ends up with Russian tanks in Latvia or Kharkiv - we'll all be a thousand times more likely to have a lot more to worry about.

23. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Do I like Hillary? No. Do I think she's qualified for President? Yes. Do I have suspicions about her ethics? Yeah. That said, hell yeah I'm voting for her, because the other Candidates are a joke...and so much so that I didn't even blink before deciding - it's that stark.

24. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Huh. You may want to take a look at the following 2015 Salon article before shouting further praise of HRC's support of children.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/15/the_worst_thing_hillary_clinton_has_ever_done/

Hillary Clinton often boasts about helping children, but she betrayed them as First Lady

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Literally all the Americans I know on Facebook are voting for Hillary. Two were voting Trump but the groping story swayed them (both mothers). That's all I can say.