Why iphone 4 video record not work like camcorder record ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Nov 26, 2011.

1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

can anyone told me why my iphone 4 when recording video and edit that video a result of video different than camcorder recorder , i make a short record from my camcorder and iphone , both go to edit in window movie maker , but the iphone 4 came out with up side down video , so i try to rotate that , even rotate a video but still not full screen , witdh size is get smaller than camcorder
    after that i don't used iphone record video anymore .......

so how make it full size like camcorder ?

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

The video records in the orientation you are holding your phone prior to pressing start. So if you are holding your phone vertically and press start then your video with be in "portrait" mode. Turn the phone sidewards and watch the little icons turn too, then press record to get normal (landscape) oriented video.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Not sure I understand exactly what the problem is, seems like a rough translation into English in the OP's part - but what you may be seeing is a difference in aspect ratio.

The iPhone 4 records 720p video (1280x720) at a 16:9 ratio. Some camcorders record at a 4:3 ratio, or have adjustable ratio (iPhone is not adjustable).

If this is what you're seeing and you want the iPhone video to be 4:3, some video editing software will let you crop the iPhone 4 video from 1280x720 to 960x720 to achieve this. You'll lose some picture from the sides (used to be called a "pan & scan" technique).