why iPhone not to push 5' inch screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gevey, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Gevey macrumors newbie

i like ios7 system very much, i think optimizing system is very good,if running memory added to 2GB or 4GB,maybe the speed will same to 8GB OR 16GB Android system, the software will not really put off,but power saved well ,NO like android the back software running to waste power, so the iphone battery 1420mAH equal to samsung 2500 mAH battery,

WHY?

THE SHORT

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

At 5' it would require super human strength to carry it. Not to mention, it would double as a TV... Steve finally cracked it.

3. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Yes, I don't think there's much of a market for 5 foot phones. Maybe Apple will revolutionize that market?

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Give him a break, obviously English isn't his first language. Short answer, Steve Jobs was huge on one handed use and Apple has stuck to that so far. I would be shocked if the 6 didn't get bigger or another larger model added.

5. Spacial macrumors 6502

I'd just hang it on the wall and call it Apple TV :)

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not really, my 60" plasma weighs ~60 lbs, which, if it wasn't for the awkward size, could easily be carried.

7. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Next year we may see a larger phone. I have always like the smaller sizes of the iPhone. I hope they don't go make a phone too big, but a little wider might be appreciated by a majority of customers.

My memory of events is that many Android manufacturers went larger originally so they could include large LTE chips, which required a lot of battery. The chips and power requirements of LTE shrunk but the phones stayed the same and customers either liked or got used to them.