Why iPhone Plus instead of Air/Pro/L?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Izauze, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Izauze macrumors 6502

The revitalized rumors of the 5.5" being called iPhone Plus are starting to make more sense to me.

Seeing as how it may be able to run iPad-style applications, it makes sense to position it as a hybrid device that is "more than just an iPhone"... which also coincides with the invites vague promises of "More."

So tomorrow we'll see the iPhone... plus a whole lot more. What do you think?

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

Air doesn't make any sense because the 4.7' iPhone 6 will be just as thin as the 5.5' and won't be called that.

iPhone 6 Pro probably gives a slight negative connotation to the regular 4.7' iPhone 6.

iPhone 6L could have worked (kind of like the 4S) but I guess apple wanted some sort of full name behind the 6 to differentiate it and "plus" sized is one of the safest terms you can use for bigger things.

3. Cryates macrumors 65816

Why not wait and see what the official name is before jumping to conclusions?

4. Izauze thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I'm posting on a site called macrumors? Where you go to discuss things like general speculation and rumors?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Hey, I get the rumor thing. What I don't get is people trying to figure out naming when the real name will be there in less than 24 hours.

But...to each their own.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its a self-satisfaction feeling to know you were right. After the event people will flock to the message board and bump their own thread to say "see, I was right"

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

I was right