Why !! iPhone X back (Do you have the text “Designed by Apple”)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sam_sam, Nov 4, 2017.

?

“Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China"

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. sam_sam macrumors newbie

I noticed today that my back of the iPhone X has the text “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.

Some of my friends iPhone don’t have that. It just says iPhone.

Do you have that text ? IPhone x text.png

2. Lexio macrumors member

Lexio

Where do you life? In some countries there must be those words and icons on the back (for example the countries of the European Union) and in some not (USA).

3. sam_sam thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, okay, I live in Sweden.
    Thats weird, some of my friend's ho have purchased their phones in Sweden, don't have that text/image.

4. Daley347 macrumors newbie

Mine is a UK model and has the same text as yours which, unfortunately, I knew would be the case. Does look much cleaner with just iPhone on there.

5. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

I have a Qatar version and it has the same text.

6. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

In the UK and I have the text.

I was slightly disappointed when I saw as I think "iPhone" does look cleaner, but I think this is EU regulations.

(This should be TOP of the list for when we leave the EU ;-) - I kid)

7. sam_sam thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, It looks much cleaner with the text iPhone only.

8. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I’m in the US. Only thing on the back of mine is the Apple logo and “iPhone”

9. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

I think for the cleanest "iPhone" look it's US only. Maybe Canada. Seems they were able to get all the legal stuff done so that it's software only. I'm guessing Europe has more strict rules regarding those regulations and either they didn't get the ability to put it in via software passed in time, or it was simply rejected.

Not sure about the "Designed in California bit", thought they were doing away with that now - but also not present on US models.

10. iTom501 macrumors member

iTom501

Funny story, Ive got the 8 Plus from UK, it had the exact same CE and Bin with the words but traveled to China recently and my phone broke, the genius bar replaced it and guess what, it just says iPhone!

Anyways, you are probably going to put your new X into a case and its still better then the previous iPhones, remember the 6S had giant letters like C E 0682 a bin and an S on it. Just enjoy your phone!

Attached Files:

11. timothyaldo20 macrumors newbie

No. My iPhone is from singapore, and it doesn’t have that text.

12. iTom501 macrumors member

iTom501

I bought an iP in the UK which had those markings (definitely because of the EU regulations) But I got the phone exchanged at the Apple Store in HK at the Genius Bar which didn't have any markings. Then I bought another X in HK without the markings.

13. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

14. andondragov macrumors newbie

The same text in Bulgaria. I also used to think the new cleaner back was for all countries but no... EU requirements most probably as some people mentioned above... Never mind, the phone back looks gorgeous but I do not dare to use it without a case.

15. brgjoe macrumors regular

My iPhone 6 had that script on the back.

My iPhone 8+ just has the "iPhone" text on the back.

16. -BigMac- macrumors 68000

-BigMac-

Mine just has “iPhone”. I’m in Australia.
    Its the only text on the whole thing.
    Looks cleannnn.

17. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

I'm in the US, and I have no idea what my iPhone X says on the back because it's in a case and I'm not about to take that off to check some text I never see anyway.

18. -BigMac- macrumors 68000

-BigMac-

Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated on your progress with pics and tips.

19. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

You're welcome. Perhaps you can answer a question for me... why the heck does anyone care about what the back of their iPhone says? People need to get a life.

20. -BigMac- macrumors 68000

-BigMac-

Look, I understand that point of view, and fundamentally.. it doesnt change anything. A couple of letters here and there.. no big deal.

But having said that, not everyone uses a case, so the back of the iPhone is half of the aesthetic of their iPhone...and some people consider their iPhone as a fashion accessory.

Removing that text MAY make their fashion statement look cleaner on their Instagram (I dont know what they do with them?) for example.. If I had the choice, even though I never really cared.. I would prefer to not have that writing there, for the odd chance that one time I look at the back and want to admire the backplate colour or design whatever, I wouldnt see this text there.

lol, as stated its extremely niche, and not a big deal. But to me - one definitely looks better now that I'm aware of it. :)

21. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Your post is rather disingenuous. You’re on a tech site, everybody has a different viewpoint on hardware and why things are the way they are with iPhones. There have even been threads in the past about how to remove the FCC writing on the back of an iPhone when the jet black model launched. Everybody
    has different appreciations and preferences.

22. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

With my UK white X the Apple logo and iPhone word seem to stand out more (shine?) than the EU crap and looks better than any previous iPhone I've had.

23. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

I'm in Canada, have an iPhone 8 Plus and only two things on the back are the Apple Logo and "iPhone". I believe my 6S had all the other information on it though.

24. westislander macrumors member

westislander

Like in the US, iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X purchased in Canada only have "iPhone" written in the back unless you get the product RED model than it's "iPhone (PRODUCT)Red"