Why is delivery so far out when stores have stock for sale?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GhostMac24, Apr 27, 2015.

1. GhostMac24, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

I thought you could only order online??? Good friend of mine went to the Apple Store at Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC and was able to walk right in and purchase (but decided against). I told him that it wasn't possible as the orders sold out, could only be ordered online, and are back ordered out through as far as late May/June. Said, talking to the salesman, he could have bought 1/2 dozen if we wanted to. So confused.

**added "but decided against" as I can see how it could be inferred he bought. He went to look into buying one, to which I told him he couldn't. After asking several friends for input he ultimately decided against but was adamant he was not told "sorry, I see you are interested in this apple watch but they are only sold online". This is a straight up guy, very successful CEO, that is not in the business of lying to people, especially his friends**

2. spampy22 macrumors member

Now that's just wrong if true

3. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

Either your trolling. Or your friend is lieing to you.

Doesn't sound like a good friend.

4. noobinator macrumors 601

5. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Mods, make this guy go away. Thinks he's clever.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Good try.

7. linhromrom macrumors member

lol, either your friend is trolling you for talking about the damn watch too much or you are trying to troll this forum which i dont think is working lolz

We are not a bunch of idiots

8. eTronic macrumors newbie

I've been to the mall at Southpoint. This simply isn't true.

9. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

10. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

And so you have been to that store in the last couple days and expressly asked to purchase one?

Seriously fellas, why in the world would this constitute trolling. I went back and forth with him and got the same response. I don't have any skin in the game nor do I have a desire to purchase one. But I am very intrigued by it and my wife has been on the fence with it as she is very happy with her fitbit. When my buddy stated he could buy one I called bs and he was adamant he could have bought one. I called BS again and he said, seriously I just talked to the sales guy and I could have bought several. I didn't want to press further and let it go. Hence, the reason I came here to ask.

Take a step back and think before you call somebody a troll, insult then, insinuate that I am challenging the intelligence of somebody and just for once think somebody is asking a serious question. Geez, I came here to try to get more info as the info should be better here. Guess I was wrong.

11. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

if that were the case, I'm pretty sure you would have heard something about it just a little bit sooner than, I don't know... three days after the launch?

12. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Exactly why I came here to ask.

13. Bo31210 macrumors member

Pics or it didnt happen............

think your buddy is trying to get you and the rest of the apple world wound up:eek::eek::eek:

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

And he couldn't provide and proof to you he purchased it from the store?

15. Bo31210 macrumors member

16. noobinator macrumors 601

This is one case until we see a receipt, it is unbelievable being that no Apple store in all of the world has stocked them (that I'm aware of).

17. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

I'm from NC and have been to the Southpoint Apple store.

Your friend is lieing.

18. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Did you actually go to the store in the last day or two and ask to purchase?

19. ricktat macrumors 65816

He bought it on Craigslist for over MSRP and doesn't want to admit that to you.

20. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Clearly you are confused... your friend was talking about a Galaxy Gear watch he bought at the Samsung store inside Best Buy. Probably confused it with the AW because no one really even knows Samsung makes a watch except the 10 people that own one. Hope that clears things up. Cheers.

21. GhostMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Ah, now I see where the semantics of my OP are causing such an uproar. He didn't end up taking one home. He asked in real time if he should pull the trigger. I told him no way he could and he said that if he wanted he could have bought 1/2 dozen.

I just pinged him right now and asked him to let me know if he was EXPLICITLY told he could buy on the spot as a walk-in or if he is just inferring this. I'll post back shortly.

**I WILL ADD "HE DECIDED AGAINST AFTER ASKING FOR INPUT" TO THE OP TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION**

22. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

Its just a really bold statement to come in here with that. If what you're saying is true, I would've made a post with ALL evidence, including receipt, pictures from the store, watch, everything.

23. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

I'm sure he misunderstood the sales rep who was probably telling him that he could go online right then and there and purchase the watch. Either that, or the sales rep is the most uninformed sales rep in the history of the Apple Store. Also, if you're so worried about everyone calling you out on it, all you have to do is call the store and ask them yourself instead of hearing it second hand.

24. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It doesn't much matter whether your friend is having you on or he misunderstood the sales person or even if the sales person told him he could buy one, as there are no Watches for sale at any Apple Store anywhere on planet earth, period. Do you think there's one rogue Apple Store that decided "we're selling watches out of replacement stock, we don't care what corporate says!"

25. erikjc macrumors member

It's not just men who read this forum, fyi.