General Why is everybody keep saying that ios 7 works beautiful and smoother than ios 6 on i4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by FatPuppy, Sep 27, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Am I doing something wrong? I tried ios 7.0 by restoring, set up as new iphone, disable icloud, increase contrast and so on.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not sure what threads you have been reading, but there are numerous threads about iPhone 4 owners downgrading back to iOS6 due to poor performance on iOS7

Look here --> Lots of threads about iPhone 4 owners restoring (or trying to restore to iOS6) http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I can't imagine iOS7 could ever run decently on iPhone 4, it even lags a bit on wife's iPad 3 (but no big deal - it is being replaced in December with whatever the next version iPad Apple gives us).

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Yeah, iOS7 has killed my dad's iPhone 4. It now performs like a device from the 1980s.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Honestly though, an iPhone 4 is 4 generations old.

It lacks RAM and processor speed to run newest firmware adequately.
    You really can't be surprised at this.

5. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

It works just fine on mine, I mean it's no slower than iOS 6 for me.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I absolutely agree, I advised my father not to upgrade and Apple should know this too.
    In my mind they have unscrupulously destroyed the phone in order to force people to buy a new handset. The i4 zipped along on iOS5 and was workable on iOS6, despite being slowed considerably even by that upgrade. I would implore anyone who hasn't already upgraded their i4 not to do so. They will suffer a very noticeable slowing of all functions and also worse battery life. Why bother? The new features certainly aren't worth killing your handset for.

7. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

This. People need to stop exaggerating, for example...

:rolleyes:

8. dave-tx macrumors member

Apple should have made iOS7 incompatible with the iPhone 4. Performance is worse, battery life is significantly worse (for me). I've even had my phone overheat and shut down after the upgrade.

9. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Haha. Yeah, I actually find it faster for certain things. For example... entering a passcode, the passcode screen seems more responsive.

In iOS 6, very often I'd get a lag when entering a passcode which could skip some numbers and I'd have to start all over again. With iOS 7 it's super smooth.

Safari is the most noticeably improved built-in app. It launches faster, has much less lag, and just generally feels much faster than iOS 6 Safari.

I didn't do a restore either, just a straight OTA update.

I feel that the battery is very slightly worse, but it's not a deal breaker.

10. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

Same here. I'm very happy with it. I do however recognize that there are a lot of people that are reporting a different experience. Not sure what is causing the difference.