Why Is Everyone So Salty?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Sep 5, 2012.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I swear I just went on like 6 or 7 websites to see their articles about the September 12 event invite and EVERY comment I read is negative.

People really waste their time saying how much Apple sucks, how the iSheep will line up etc.

I knew Apple would get to this point in their success that hating Apple would be "the cool thing to do."

And I bet half of those people are going to buy it.

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Totally agree.
    I bet half of those android fans don't even HATE apple in the first place. They're just jumping on the bandwagon and is like ''Oh yeah I have the GSIII Apple sucks 3.5 inch display crappy iOS etc etc etc isheeps we already had this a looooooong time ago trololol.... lol .'' (Usual taglines and keywords)

I, being an APPLE person, don't see the point and need to point out the flaws of what phone others are using. I'll just sit here and happily enjoy my new shiny iPhone 5 with a 4 inch Retina Display, whether you like it or not. And you shall sit over there happily enjoying your NFC and 4.8 inch SUPER AMOLED HD SCREEN. -__-

-Proud and shameless Apple person

3. 617aircav Suspended

I think being a fan of any phone is pathetic. It's just a phone. It doesn't bother me one bit what people say about it. Talk shot about the jets and you have trouble on your hands.

4. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

I don't think its too pathetic to have favourites over which phone you want to use. It isn't that embarassing or shameless to favour one phone over the other. Yet Android fans simply feel insecure about Android's standing against iOS that they try to put iOS and the iPhone down in any way possible.

For me, I use what I think is best and suitable for me and that i really like. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and force myself to pick the phone by other people's opinion. If the Samsung Galaxy S III had a holographic screen, I'll will indeed consider it a serious purchase. If not, I'll sit here with my man-ly hairy big hands using my iPhone 4 and you shall sit over there using your big trendy Samsung Galaxy S III.

I realized its a trend to buy a phone that many others use (I'm referring mostly to the iPhone of course) but its a far worse thing to pretend to use something that the minority is using just to stand out. (Okay, I know this doesn't apply to many). Its like ''Hey Suck it I'm using a cool new SGSIII and you guys are still on an iPhone?!''
    :confused:About Android fans sometimes.

5. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

a phone is just a phone and a sports team is just a sports team ;)

6. k995 macrumors 6502a

Yes childish in many respect people bashing the iphone as bad others claiming its the best ever and anyone not buying just cant afford it (strange you never see these people btw). Just ignore them and buy whatever you think is best for you.

7. DanBurns91 macrumors regular

i think it would be funnier if Apple took it to heart and stopped open sourcing safari for android, and let google create their own browser effective immediately. Lets see how the Fandroids like that haha

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

OP, you're right. I've never seen so much disdain for a new iPhone before. Every site you go to (including YouTube) is 90% negative. Apple fans can deny this all they like but something's different this time. Even this place has got more negative posts about the ho-hum new design than I've ever seen in the past. I'd venture to say the honeymoon's over.

9. ARSC macrumors 6502

expectation is too much they want the phone to fly now :)

10. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Simply ignore them or you are feeding them what they want.

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The trolls and idiots were even more critical of the iPhone 4S...see how well their predictions and expert opinion turned out then? Expect them to be even more wrong next time.

12. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Example: Will the iPhone 5 come with a 4.8 inch display with a fingerprint scanner??? Will it also have no home button??? Will it have wireless charging?? Will it have a rectangular home button? Will it have widgets?

13. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'd suggest you visit the as-yet-completely-untainted-with-trolls site TheVerge, if you're not keen on reading mountains of misspelt, misinformed, repetitive garbage you get from some sites I won't mention by name.

Beware though, some sites have their trolls carefully hidden behind well formed sentences and correct capitalisation.

14. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

The Verge is a new site, and I think its a great site which I visit frequently. Nice website UI, content rich etc. But sooner or later, those trolls will come in including the absolute idiots (ITS AN IPHONE 6 NOT A 5 BECAUSE OF THE GENERATION OF THE IPHONE)

Oh wait. If I thought of it correctly, they're already starting to contaminate The Verge. :eek:

15. k995 macrumors 6502a

Now you are doing the same.

No the vast mayority simply buy the phone they like within the budget they have .

Even those more tech savvy do the same.

You are reasoning from your own poitn of view "the iphone I have is vastly superior to anything else so it must be they feel insecure"

Stra,ge how you describe S3 as trendy while the iphone 4s still sells more .

Its the same comment I hear when the 4s was revealed "its the same design so how will people know I have got the new iphone ? "

The reality of course is that people do buy such things to be "cool" "in" or whatever sad, but lets be honest there are very little people who actually need a 500-700$ smartphone and cant do everything just as well with a 2-300$ one but hey thats our society.

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

People who call apple fans "iSheep" are "sheep" themselves. Don't worry, they're too stupid to figure.

17. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Hey, I'm not going to start a war over here. But I already said that I would consider the SGS III if it had features that I really like. Of course, I'm a little biased towards the iPhone because I think it works for me and I still think so till now.
    And the SGS III is admittedly trendy. The iPhone 4S and the SGS III are both equally hot smartphones today.
    And I totally agree about the $200-300 smartphone statement. But still, I could do with a cheap android phone or even an iPod touch. But one would always opt for a better one with more features. Like for example, I'm not going to use burst shot or smile shot a lot as I've thought, but does that mean I'm not going to buy it? Hell no, I'll buy it.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not going to force it down your throat. You got yours and I have mine :)

18. k995 macrumors 6502a

You mean webkit, and apple isnt the sole owner of that as its long gone open source and collaborated by many other, google included.

Frankly it wouldnt make any difference for google or android.

19. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple has brought this on themselves (whoa, really?) by acting so far superior to others for years.

Apples over the top marketing sells their wares, but sets unrealistic expectations in the process.

It didn't help than they talked down to their loyal customers when a problem arose. Instead they denied it, and when that story didn't fly, they made up another one.

I _used_ to trust Apple with such sincerity, I _continued_ buying stock when it was predicted they were going out of business.

For over twenty... Yes Twenty Years, I've supported them, bought more stock annually, and converted huge numbers of Windows users to Mac.

Not once did I ever think in my wildest dreams that I would hear the CEO being so flippant & condescending to the very people that made his company number one.

"You're Holding It Wrong" was the best he could do? I don't think so.

20. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Totally agree except for the last sentence. I still think Steve Jobs didn't totally meant that you're actually supposed to hold it the right way but he meant that you aren't suppose to squeeze your phones to death.

21. 617aircav Suspended

Ive used iPhone and android phones over the years. I choose whichever one tickles my fancy. I'm not dedicated to one, and I could care less who or how many people use it. I could care less what another man says about the phone I use. If they like it or hate it, it doesn't bother me one bit. It's a phone that serves the owner, stop taking negative statements about your phone personal. It's just a phone.

22. ollyb macrumors member

I think it's one of the areas where the media is geared up to polarise opinion.

iOS vs Android
    Apple vs Samsung
    Republicans vs Democrats
    Man City vs Man U (pick any local sports rivalry)

The key thing is that if you don't have an opinion in favour of one side or the other, then you're marginalised and treated as if you don't have an opinion at all. Lots of emotions vested in the above rivalries.

The issue Apple is facing at the moment is that they're facing an increasing barrage of competing devices with arguably better hardware. I think the Android side are just having their day, like Apple fans did back when the iPhone was genuinely the best thing around.

The one thing I can't stand though is Android fans thinking they're better because Apple fans are just iSheep, etc. Reverse snobbery is the same as snobbery methinks.

23. k995 macrumors 6502a

Me neither but you see how easy it is to fall into that kind iof logic even without realising it.

I know the feeling :D

24. ollyb macrumors member

OT, but is "I could care less" an actual phrase in some parts of the world? As opposed to "I couldn't care less".

25. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The "Death Grip" phrase was made up by the media to sensationalize the story.

Not one person I know uses a grip that hard on their phone.

My gut feeling is that Steve only said that because he got caught with his pants down. Anyone that follows Apple as closely as I do, had already read the Wall St Journal article. We're investors & businessmen, we read that publication every morning. They were the first to report that Apples engineers advised Steve that there was a problem with the antenna during testing. With plenty of time to change to a different type, he stubbornly refused putting style over function.

So when the buyers had problems, he knew it was coming, freaked out and reacted... "You're Holding It Wrong". Then in the face of continuing pressure made up the story "They All Do It". The cult members stood with Steve in complete denial. Those with guts & honesty spoke out.

Its as simple as that. The truth hurts sometimes. Apple can dish it out, but they cower in fear when it comes back to them.