Why is Guantanamo still open?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Apr 5, 2007.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6526589.stm
    The American Gulag goes from strength to strength.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's still open for the same reason we're still in Iraq, the same reason the troop surge is going ahead, and the same reason Walter Reed turned into what it became. We'd love to do something about it, but what do we do? I'm guessing people were just as outraged when Nixon was President, but for some reason someone actually stopped him. Wonder if that would happen today. Kinda doubting it.

3. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The thought of being imprisoned in a place without a court date or the luxury of having a numbered sentence is maddening. Those guys have no idea how long they're going to be there; they don't know if they'll be released tomorrow or spend the rest of their life there. I can see insanity setting in quickly.

4. Motley macrumors 6502

If they weren't anti-US fanatics before they went in, they probably are now.

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if college kids became anti-US fanatics too at that rate.

Of course, perhaps this is the sequel to Prison Break? I can see something like that happening in like T and counting downward.