Why is my AT&T service so much worse on iphone then blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jps1012, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I switched from a blackberry bold to the iphone 4 on launch day (both on AT&T) and i can't believe how much worse the service is. On my bold i barely felt a difference from wifi to 3g. Now its night and day. My phone struggles soo much to get connected to the internet. All day long I get pop ups saying it can't connect to the internet. When sending a text it usually takes a couple tries to get through. Plus everytime it cant get on the internet it says 5 bars. Is this a real issues or am i just losing it.

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

You might have a defective unit, though the iPhone in general isn't that great as a phone, have you noticed most people complaining about AT&T are iPhone users?

Make sure your not holding the phone in the dead spot and reset your network settings, if you still have problems network try replacing the sim or do a restore. If that doesn't work, see if apple will replace it for you.

3. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks I will try! It's a night and day difference from my blackberry.

4. mhdena macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about texting but the iphone has been weak as a phone since the beginning compared to Blackberry and Sony Erickson to name 2 that I'm familiar with on AT&T.

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

For the last few years I've carried two AT&T smartphones daily. A BlackBerry for work, and a personal iPhone. I've had every generation of iPhone and a few BlackBerrys in this time span. I've always enjoyed stellar connectivity and excellent call quality with a BlackBerry. iPhones have always been rather poor phones until the 3Gs. That one was not bad. Therefore as I sat in the audience at WWDC, listening to Steve brag about the great new antenna & phone performance, I trusted the report and made the buying decision.

Fast forward to today, when after using the iPhone 4 since the 23rd with it's dodgy signal reception I was shocked. On the 25th I added an obscenely priced bumper. Slight improvement but not as one would hope for. Oh well, at least the rest of it works decently, and as usual I have the BlackBerry to enjoy.