Why is my GPS symbol suddenly on all the time? I closed all apps, nothing running

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wadawow, Aug 13, 2011.

1. wadawow macrumors member

2. illini71 macrumors member

This happen to me also. I could not figure so i restored from a backup. That got rid of it.

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Did you recently update the Weather Channel app? There is a known problem that they are working on fixing where it keeps the arrow on your status bar.

If you go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location Warnings, it'll go away.

4. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

If you have the Weather Channel app it's probably the absolutely horrible update they just did.

5. illini71 macrumors member

I shut off local weather and the gps still stayed on. I use the city option now. I still could not pin point it. I dont know if it was on or if the arrow was just stuck.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I had the same problem there a couple days ago, i went through my apps location settings one by one and it ended up being "the weather channel max" that was constantly doing something.

7. Littleman macrumors regular

Littleman

Happening to me also :(

Think I've narrowed it down to Navigon.

8. scotty588 macrumors 6502

The Okcupid app has recently updated with a new locals feature and it keeps the GPS location icon in the top bar.

9. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

If you are running iOS 5 beta, then that is probably related to the Reminders.app. For some reason (probably why it's called a beta), Reminders.app uses a crapload of battery and GPS if you have a Geo-fenced reminder on there. So your best bet could be to just go in Settings -> Location Services -> and turn off permission for Reminders.app. That's what had happened to me a while back.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

This. I deleted it and downloaded Fahrenheit. Much better.