Why is only some of my music available for iTunes Plus upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ryan.stewie, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

Only 66 of my 150-something DRM'd tracks are showing up on the Upgrade My Library page. I've heard other people are getting their whole libraries upgraded. Why is it that only about a-third of my DRM'd library is showing up for upgrade?

I know that some songs are not yet iTunes Plus but will be by the end of March, but if i look up some of my songs on the store, they are labeled "iTunes Plus", but are not showing in the Upgrade My Library page. Also some tracks that have had their album name changed on the actual iTunes Store that are now iTunes Plus are not showing either. (For example I bought "Umbrella" by Rihanna on the album "Good Girl Gone Bad", that was the album name then, that album has been renamed on the Store and is now called "Good Girl Gone Bad (Bonus Track Version)" It is iTunes Plus, but it is not offering any upgrade for the song. I am worried that albums that Apple has renamed on the store will not offer upgrades for songs bought before the name-change. I have whole albums from the store that have since been renamed by Apple, they are not yet iTunes Plus, but by the end of March they will, I am worried I wont ever get an upgrade for them.

Whats going on?

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Because not all of the songs are available as iTunes Plus. Right now, only about 8 million of the over 10 million songs are iTunes Plus. I can't remember when they said the rest of the songs will be upgraded.

3. ryan.stewie thread starter macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

uh... did you even read my post? Songs that arent iTunes Plus yet, dont have the word "iTunes Plus" next to them. I am talking about the ones that are iTunes Plus now.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Hmmm... either you edited your post after I replied or I posted on the wrong thread. I remember the post I replied to being much, much shorter. Sorry.

Edit: Ha... there it goes again. I believe you are changing your post after I quote it and reply.

5. ryan.stewie thread starter macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

lol. Sorry. I do a fair bit of editing.

6. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I seem to have the same problem. There are some songs that have iTunes Plus versions in the store, but are not available for upgrade on the 128 Kbit/DRM versions I still have.

When researching I found out that I didn't buy these songs on this computer. Could that be the problem? Either way it's bothering me :S

7. kh14 macrumors member

probably because some of your songs are already itunes plus and not all songs are available for itunes plus yet