Why is Steve Jobs never in an Apple video?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike84, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I looked around the forum and I wasn't sure where to post this (mods please move if you feel it should be moved).

Has anyone every wondered why is it that other executives are in the iPod, Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone intro videos but Steve Jobs is never in them?

I understand Steve Jobs does the main presentation, but he is never an any of those videos.

2. nfl46 macrumors 604

I think it'd be sending the wrong message. You never see Bill Gates in any of Microsoft videos.

3. Mike84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, Bill Gates is no longer the CEO of Microsoft, but when he was, I don't think he did either. So, you are right. Perhaps that is one reason.

Steve Jobs, however, is a pretty effective salesman. So, having him on a video would not necessarily be a bad idea, I guess.

4. milerich macrumors regular

Maybe also to get some other execs some face time ;) in the media so that Steve isn't the only public face of the company.

5. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

He's not an engineer, what is he going to say? How he screamed at his employees to make it better and faster?

6. milerich macrumors regular

This too.

7. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

Dont you think we works hard enough? He speaks for up to 2 hours during keynotes. Being in there promo cuts wouldnt be necessary or effective.

8. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

when I watch a product video, I'm more interested in how it works and what makes it tick than how magnificent and extraordinary and revolutionary it is.