Why Is the Media Ignoring Ted Cruz’s Embrace of ‘Kill the Gays’ Pastor?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Apr 13, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Interesting that MSM news has not reported on Ted Cruz's speech at the National Religious Liberties Conference which was a call to arms to exterminate all gays.

Quote from article:
    Last weekend Senator Ted Cruz, along with fellow GOP presidential candidates Mike Huckabee and Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, spoke at a conference in Des Moines headed up by a man who advocates the execution of gay people — per his interpretation of the bible — and who made his call for mass extermination once again, onstage at the event, the National Religious Liberties Conference. Pastor Kevin Swanson has said in the past that Christians should attend gay weddings and hold up signs telling the newly married gay and lesbian couples that they “should be put to death.” He was an advocate of Uganda’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill, which he saw as a model.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/post_10496_b_8544540.html

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the media , the DNC and the GOP would prefer a Cruz/Hillary showdown VS Trump/Hillary .

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

They reported it....back when it happened. But yeah, they haven't made much reference to it since then, and fellow Republicans have been reluctant to mention it in any of the debates, however a democrat opponent will not be so shy should Cruz become the nominee.

4. Raid, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

... cause keeping up with the crazy in American politics is hard.

<edit> Ok, for real this is what we get after the extreme right wingers tear into Obama's pastor. The logical evaluation is that just because a mentor or spiritual guide feels one way does not mean the person being mentored follows lock-step with the mentor's teaching... it is a dangerous association but not an absolute connection. Hence Cruz's pastoral association could have been treated with the same argument applied to Obama's pastoral association and the argument would be over before it started.

Then again I'm assuming rational logic in American politics which seems to have a small probability of actually occurring.
    </edit>

5. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

So you think Trump/Hilary would not be a sure win for Hillary as I thought o was general opinion? Obviously the GOP thinks Cruz stands a better chance ... and yet I suppose the DNC think Clinton stands a better chance against Cruz. Everyone in the establishment seems scared of Trump.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

Are you referring to the black racist firebrand pastor that got zero interest or coverage by the Main Stream Media, thereby preventing America at large from seeing the pastor in action, spewing his diatribes against both America and its white inhabitants?

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

If I noticed up here in Canada, and recall seeing clips of some sermons, he did not get zero interest from "the Main Stream Media". Your point is?

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

Points been made and you disagree with it.

The pastor got little to no airplay in America, therefore the only ones seeing it were from conservative sources. Had media shown interest in reporting news that happened to have been contrary to Obama's interests, America at large would have had a chance to digest it and form an opinion.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

No I'm actually refuting your point. I don't watch conservative news sources (I prefer objective based ones), and perhaps the liberal slanted Daily show or (when it was on) the Colbert report (in a kind of "lets all laugh as the world goes down the toilet" way). I think the clips I saw were from the Daily show, but I'm sure there was a BBC article on that pastor.

10. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I think a better question is why do you only get your news from media outlets that won't cover this story? This story has been reported multiple times in the media and this exact video is from an MSNBC news segment. All of the extreme right wing news outlets and Fox News won't touch this story because they know that a good percentage of the Republican party agrees with the Pastor.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Remember, the media is corporate-owned. If you disagree with it, feel free to spend more.

Quite simple, actually.

Unless the media caters to the largest audience with the most basic qualifiers - in which case America is far more liberal than what even FOX would ever concede it as being, since there's less money to be had from appealing to tea party people.

Either way, it's still obvious that it is a for-profit entity. Want fair and balanced? One solution is to start with removing profit, since that is an incentive.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2016 ---
    Or is it jealousy because the media spent more time going after Obama's pastor that wasn't gay-friendly either??