Why is the UK shipping time twice as slow with the new MBP than in the US

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NStocks, Oct 22, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I've just being checking the UK online apple store, and it still says shipping in 7 business days, where as the US site says 1-3 business days ! Why ?

Also, none of the stores in the UK have any stock of the MBP, and they don't know when/if and how many they will be getting. I was hoping to get my first Mac this sunday but the chances are looking very slim.

Has anyone has success getting a baseline MBP this week from a Apple store in the UK ? if so which store ( I will be going to Meadowhall, Sheffield as its the closest )

... I'm getting fed up of waiting now

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Because we live in the UK so for some weird reason everything has to be ATLEAST twice as crap as everything in the US.

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I take it you havent had any luck either

... This sucks , what's the point of bringing out new products when only half the people who want them can actually get them

( or should I say a quater of the people! )

4. polar-blair macrumors regular

Because America like to annoy British people. And laugh at us when we get driven crazy by having to wait 3 weeks to get a laptop. No Fair. I want Mine Now!

You would of thought if you spend over £1000 on a laptop they could afford to use something quicker than tortoises to carry the laptops from China to the UK.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Get one of the billions of Chinese students in the UK to bring you one back from it's source! :D

Anyway, it's not an offence to befriend a Chinaman, do his/her English homework for them etc. Besides, they'll probably do you a huge favour in return. You'll probably save a ton of money too considering one yuen is the equivalent of a quid! ;) And it'll saves you waiting a million years for one.... though Apple will probably release new improved versions by the time the current one reaches the stores in the UK. :D

6. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Perhaps they are quoting on the conservative side due to past experiences. I imagine that Customs can slow the process considerably if they chose to.

7. DownburstX macrumors newbie

Because the UK is a bit strange island between the US and the normal Europe. No dollar no euro, driving at left side and no foam on their beer :D