Why is there no unboxing and review videos of the new late october 2016 MBP 15 inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sthlmj, Nov 11, 2016.

1. sthlmj, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

sthlmj macrumors newbie

Is it because no one has got the new 15inch macbook pro yet or why is there no unboxing and review? The 13inch seemed very small, I saw it in the Apple store. But the Apple store hasn't even got the 15" model yet. Or is it because the 15inch MBP is not popular to unbox, review and benchmark? Is it possible to replace the hard drives by yourself?

2. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

3. mds1256 macrumors regular

Its not out yet, and there is an embargo still on the ones with Touch Bar models (which the 15" is only available in touch bar models)

4. viperGTS macrumors 65816

The 15" is ONLY available with Touch Bar, which has barely started shipping. Basically, no one has it yet.

5. sthlmj thread starter macrumors newbie

Where do you live? Are they in your apple store yet? Hasn't arrived in my apple store in the Sweden.

6. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I live in the US. MacRumors reports that they're starting to ship, and my local stores are reporting that they will ship in 4-5 weeks.

7. Zillion macrumors regular

Zillion

I ordered my 15 inch in the Netherlands on the 28th of Oct at www.a-mac.nl because they give 3 years warranty. And they still have no clue when they get it :/

I really could use the new machine for web developing now, but I guess after waiting soooo long I can hold out another couple weeks..

8. sthlmj, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

sthlmj thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got an alert on youtube, there is now an unboxing video of the new late 2016, 15" MBP. But still no benchmarking tests. Would like to see the toptop specs model, the one with highest graphics card, CPU, RAM and SSD. And no one has yet tried to replace the SSD and RAM. The one guy doing this first definitely going to get massive youtube views!

9. GoodOne macrumors regular