Why is there so much hate for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meechy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. meechy macrumors 6502

Every review I've read on various websites the comments sections are filled with comments hating on the iPhone 5 and apple in general.

Youtube video comments are even worse.

But why? I don't get it. What is so bad about the iPhone 5? Don't these guys get bored of talking crap about the iPhone?

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

I don't know which ones you've read, but the ones I've seen have been fairly positive. Maps seems to get the brunt of the criticizm.

As far as comments, "haters gonna hate."

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They have nothing better to do; like bashing Android on here.

4. meechy thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm talking about the comments, not the actual reviews.

5. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

People feel they have to justify their purchases. And that goes both ways.

6. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

This.

iPhone is scuffed-outta-box.
    Apple fanboys: "You all overblowing a non existing issue. It will eventually get scuffed. Don't be like kids. Grow up."
    Android users: "HAHAHA, apple sucks. S U C K S. No QC whatsoever. Buy an S3 instead. Best phone ever."

Too much fanaticism these days.

7. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

You're new here aren't you?

One of the most marked characteristics of fandroids (and unfortunately, a rising numbe of Apple fans) is how much they love going on rival forums or articles for the sole purpose of starting flame wars. And if they're not twelve years old, their name-calling and ignorance toward either side certainly shows their *ahem* maturity.

8. mplenhart macrumors newbie

For the same reason people commit murder because a person cheers for a bunch of multi-millionaires who wear different colored laundry than the multi-millionaires they cheer for:

Humans are stupid.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

ya, its all the humans fault. Down with humans.... Oh, darn. :eek:

10. redman042 macrumors 68020

People like to smack talk. This has been a pastime of sports fans for decades.

The iPhone has been so incredibly successful that it has become a household name around the world, even among grandparents and kids.

Something that big and popular is bound to attract lots of smack talk, particularly from people who go out of their way to be seen as independent thinkers and feel they are smarter than everyone else.

So be it. My iPhone does everything I ever expected from a smartphone, is the highest quality gadget I've ever owned, and my Apple stock is soaring like I never could have imagined. :)