Why is watching video through home sharing so laggy all of the sudden?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Michael0609, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Michael0609 macrumors newbie

It was fine before, now when I try to watch a movie or show in my ipad2 or iPhone 4 it freezes and stops every 5 seconds. It will buffer a bit but when I hit play the buffer bar actually goes backwards and it will not play, I even tried leaving it in pause fit a while but still no luck, strange thing is that I have a apple tv 2 and it works fine on there. I don't know what to do, I am in the sane room as the apple tv and it won't work on iPad/iPhone, the both have full wifi, I even tried right beside my Mac and it still freezes. Her is a shirt video of how it loads.
    MobileMe Gallery
    Can someone please help me, I love watching movies on the iPad with headphones as not to disturb my wife, bit I really don't wanna have to load them all in there. Both ipad2/iPhone are on 4.3.3. Thanks guys.
    MacBook pro (2011), Mac OS X (10.6.6)

2. Michael0609 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just update: only certain tv shows seem to be doing this, Entiurage season 3 specifically.

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

4. Michael0609 thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't the home sharing interface better than airvideo, like tv shies and movies all in order? Also why don't you use home sharing? It's so easy and free?