Why isn't there an option to just unlock your phone by pressing the home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3lite, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

No pass code, no swipe to unlock, no sensor, no BS.

Just press and it unlocks. If you just want to view the time, then press the sleep button.

Why is this so hard?

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I sure as hell wouldn't want that. That would make it a lot more easier for thieves to get into your phone.

4. CocoPops macrumors member

That is what the 5s does?

Using the fingerprint sensor, just press the button, keep your finger there for 2 seconds and there's the home screen. Job done.

5. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

The button is caved in... and nobody places any iPhone 5 and up in their butt pockets.

----------

2 seconds too long.

6. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

I think what your after is a Nokia 6310. That should do the trick. Button locking is totally optional.

7. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

Then use the passcode and ID sensor.

But some people want easy accessibility. And trust me, if a thieve has his hands on your phone, you have bigger problems.

8. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

The concave button had not stopped it in the past for me. And butt dialing is not exclusive to back pockets. I just like that phrase better.

9. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

I'm really after the jailbroken iPhone but cba to keep updating and finding new JBs.

----------

Are your jeans that tight? If so, you are a woman and woman keep their phones in their hands or in their purse.

If you're a guy... man up.

10. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

No, my pants aren't that tight. But that doesn't stop things from pressing buttons. And like there's nothing in someones purse that can push a button, concave or not.

11. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

What are we even arguing about again? I'm not saying to take away passcode and ID sensor, I'm just saying to add the option of pressing the home button to unlock. I thought Apple is all about options now.

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No, that is something you just made up.

Try Settings - General - auto-lock - never.
    Then never press the sleep/lock button.
    You'll lose some battery life, but I think you'll get what you are asking for.

13. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

Why would anyone do that? What's so hard about adding an option to unlock just by pressing the home button? Are your comprehension skills in tune?

14. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

What ever made you think about that?

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Why isn't there an option to just unlock your phone by pressing the home button?

I have no clue, you are the OP with the odd request so you would have to answer that question. I offered a potential option.

Home button takes you to the Home screen, unless the device is locked. For the home button to take you to the home screen direct, the device must not be locked. Therefore; see my previous recommendation about never locking your device.

I don't know why you would attack my comprehension skills, just trying to help given your criteria. Maybe you are an android troll just looking to attack people... And Im feeding that. *shrug*

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    This thread has devolved into bickering - locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.