Why itunes movie no big discount like iphone n ipad app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by auzzuro, Dec 22, 2010.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

As above. I like to buy some movies but found out only app has big discount.guys do u tink will there be big discount for itunes movies? I would purchase at least 10 movies if there is big discount?

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

With music and apps, iTunes acts as the store, but the owners of the music and the apps set the prices, not Apple.

I'd imagine that movies are the same way.

I would not expect a big discount.

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Wait, you can buy an iPad but can't afford the content to put on it?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Where do you get he can't afford content from asking about discounts? :rolleyes:

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Actually you have a point. He was not begging for free stuff like many others have. I stand corrected.

6. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

The Studios seem very reluctant to engage in new markets at all, nevermind giving heavy discounts. They would be much happier if you kept going down to the shops and forking over your cash for DVDs and BluRays. On the other hand, the App market is still new and I guess the big gaming studios are happy selling lots and lots of games at under £5 at the moment. They might start getting greedy and try to edge up the game prices towards the level of DS and PSP games, but it's unlikely as there are too many indie developers producing games like Angry Birds.

If DVD and Blu-Ray numbers start falling, the studios might start getting desperate and start paying more attention to digital content.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

DVD numbers are definitely falling. The only place where I can find DVDs to purchase in a store is B&N. Plus it is always cheaper to buy online from Amazon or B&N anyway.