Why my iPhone 6s+ loses battery faster than when it was brand new?

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, for the first few months of my use of the iPhone 6s+ starting Jan 2016, I was very satisfied with the battery life. As I recall, I got over 60-70% battery left at the end of each day. For the past few months and especially recently, I get about 10-20% battery left at the end of the day. How come? I have not installed new app for months.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Batteries naturally deplete over time, much like they would in a TV remote or anything else. Best take it to an Apple Store and pay for a battery replacement.

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Batteries naturally deplete over time, much like they would in a TV remote or anything else. Best take it to an Apple Store and pay for a battery replacement.
I bought it in Jan 2016. So fast to need a replacement? Is this normal?

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
The iPhone 6S has a well documented issue with poor batteries. Your phone may be eligible for a free battery replacement. Check out this official Apple page to see if you phone is covered. If it's not, then you can either have Apple replace it, have an independent shop replace it or do it yourself if you like tinkering.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Do it yourself if it doesn’t seem too overwhelming to you. Watch a bunch of YouTube guides. I just installed a new battery on my 6 today.

hajime

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
The iPhone 6S has a well documented issue with poor batteries. Your phone may be eligible for a free battery replacement. Check out this official Apple page to see if you phone is covered. If it's not, then you can either have Apple replace it, have an independent shop replace it or do it yourself if you like tinkering.
My phone is not covered unfortunately.