Why my wire less sign dissapear and it is replaced with blue 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FelisCatus9, Jun 10, 2010.

1. FelisCatus9 macrumors newbie

Please help,I am desperate...

I have wire less internet in my house.

When I am not on my iPhone (3gs) internet symbol is there.I see it white.
    And there is only wireless symbol (there is no 3g).

When I am on internet - my wireless symbol dissapear and it is replaced with blue 3g ? (At first,when I enter the Safari wireless symbol turns blue and when I search for something,for example when I go to Google symbol dissapear)
    When I go to settings and to wi-fi,I see name of my wire less and check mark next to it.

What does it mean? Am I on my wireless or not?Why there is no symbol for wireless when I am on internet?Why is it replaced with blue 3g?
    And after that,when I exit the safari,there is no wireless symbol at all,but in Wi-fi there is still check mark next to name of my wireless).

Please help...

Thanks

2. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

It sounds like it is connecting to your wireless network, but as soon as it tries to communicate with the internet, it fails and reverts to 3G.

Does your net connection work fine over WiFi on a PC/Mac?

3. FelisCatus9 thread starter macrumors newbie

My PC is connected with wires to the modem.So I dont use WiFi for my computer.

WiFi is on because my modem says so.

But I dont have wireless icon in my network connections.:confused:

4. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Try telling the iPhone to forget the wireless network and then reconnect to it fresh and see if that fixes it. If not, try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work then sorry I'm out of ideas unless I am there in person lol.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

it turns blue because the background of the home scereen changes colors...the home screen is Black so the icons are white, when you open safari which has a grey background they turn blue...sounds like your wifi has a weak signal

6. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Standard troubleshooting procedure is to test another device over WiFi. Got a laptop, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, another phone, PDA or anything else you could test to see if it will connect? If it doesn't, your network is the problem. If it works, your iPhone is the problem.

7. FelisCatus9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will check my wire less again.

Thank you all :)